• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FINISH STRONG BRACELET

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I spoke to owner of the local business selling the "Finish Strong" bracelets and he honestly did not know that the Finish Strong slogan was coined by a Bulls fan with cancer and thought it was this years signature rallying call for the football team to finish each quarter, each game, and the season strong.  After learning the reason behind the finish strong slogan he has begun to donate the proceeds from the sale of the bracelets to charity.  I just wanted to set the record straight for those who were bashing the sale of the bracelets. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

...I just wanted to set the record straight for those who were bashing the sale of the bracelets. 

Thank you.

• Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

It was really upsetting to see a lot of the posts on here about this subject.  I guess in today's internet world where information can be spread so rapidly, so can rumors and misinformation.  I have had the good fortune of becoming friends with Craig and I think a lot of people on this board have patronized his store and talked well about him on this site.  I would think that most of you would know better than BO doing anything on purpose not in the best interest of USF. 

If you read the article in the previous thread about the bracelets, you should have seen the date.  It was printed on the day of homecoming, the day after the parade.  Craig was not available for comment because he was on campus most of the day preparing for the parade and homecoming festivities.  I personally think Brett took the low road on that article.  We all know about Jeff because we are addicted to this board, Craig is running a business and trying to make customers happy. 

Brett is supposed to be printing another article with an interview from Craig.  Hopefully the article will clear everything up.  Craig is a huge proponent of cancer awareness, especially since his mom has worked at Moffit for 20 years.  He has gotten in touch with Jeff and will make amends with him for any ill-conceived notions he was doing this to make a buck.

• Content Count:  552

on a side note Craig has helped the hockey team raise money for Madison and Drew, both suffering from childhood cancer. He has the best intentions. He has been extremely benefitual with these children's medical trust funds and without him and BullsOutifitter the hockey team would not be able to help them as much.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  71

Well, everyone this is Craig from BULLS Outfitter. As most of you know I almost never get on this board and dont post. However I feel I must set the record straight. First let me thank those of you that truely know me and support us. I appreciate your thoughts and your words. I would never knowingly profit off of anyones illness. My family has not been blessed Cancer free! I have lost a Grandmother to breast cancer, my Uncle is battling inoperable bone cancer, my Brother-in-Law is in remision with Lymphoma, and my Grandfather has prostate cancer. If I would have known of Jeff Wagner and his idea of FINISH STRONG I would have wanted to do something to raise money from the start. If the Athletic Dept would have told me that there was a special meaning behind the bracelets before ordering them FROM ME, I would have donated them to them. They just ordered more and of course there will be no charge. BULLS Outfitter does as much as possible to help all the departments on campus and numerous charities.

I ask that everyone not be so quick to judge, especially when they dont know the truth. In todays world the media plays an intregral role. Sometimes for the bad, sometimes for the good. All I ask is that if you want the truth find it out for yourself, ask me I dont mind talking to people.

One last thing, I harbor no ill will to anyone on this board, Including Eric. He has the right to his opinion as does everyone else. So please those of you that support me, dont do it at the expense of another. In closing I would ask that we all move on and make this into an extemely positive situation!

• Content Count:  3,407

Well, everyone this is Craig from BULLS Outfitter. As most of you know I almost never get on this board and dont post. However I feel I must set the record straight. First let me thank those of you that truely know me and support us. I appreciate your thoughts and your words. I would never knowingly profit off of anyones illness. My family has not been blessed Cancer free! I have lost a Grandmother to breast cancer, my Uncle is battling inoperable bone cancer, my Brother-in-Law is in remision with Lymphoma, and my Grandfather has prostate cancer. If I would have known of Jeff Wagner and his idea of FINISH STRONG I would have wanted to do something to raise money from the start. If the Athletic Dept would have told me that there was a special meaning behind the bracelets before ordering them FROM ME, I would have donated them to them. They just ordered more and of course there will be no charge. BULLS Outfitter does as much as possible to help all the departments on campus and numerous charities.

I ask that everyone not be so quick to judge, especially when they dont know the truth. In todays world the media plays an intregral role. Sometimes for the bad, sometimes for the good. All I ask is that if you want the truth find it out for yourself, ask me I dont mind talking to people.

One last thing, I harbor no ill will to anyone on this board, Including Eric. He has the right to his opinion as does everyone else. So please those of you that support me, dont do it at the expense of another. In closing I would ask that we all move on and make this into an extemely positive situation!

Well said!  Let's drop this topic and move on!

• Content Count:  4,139

I'm going to buy a crate of "Finish Strong" bracelets and send them to starving people in Ethiopia.

• Content Count:  2,511

You do not read the paper?

You do not watch the local news?

How many stories about the football team were published in either local paper about the team and Jeff Wagner?

I do not buy this.

Ever thing of asking what that "Finish Strong" phrase meant?  Plenty of people could have told you, and the USF Athletics department is just a phone call away.

If you are this unaware and uninformed, then your qualifications as a business owner are suspect.  Were those bracelets made of rubber, plastic, or lead?

• Content Count:  701

would this be a topic is we were 9 - 0 jk

Archived