• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF "Flakiest" Team in the BE?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

CFN calls USF the "flakiest" team in the BE.  WTF?

What would you say is the one team in each conference that is the flakiest year after year?  They could beat anyone, but they could also lose to anyone (for teams in the non-BCS leagues, maybe you could modify "could beat anyone" to "could beat anyone in their league").  Michigan State and Clemson are the first ones to come to my mind. - Z. Morris

A: ACC: Clemson. There are few better teams when the lights are on, but consistency is always a problem.

Big East: South Florida. Just wait until the weather starts to get colder up north.

Big 12: Oklahoma State. The team that got whacked by Troy is still in the Big 12 title chase.

Big Ten: Michigan State. The epitome of the flaky team.

Conference USA: UTEP. This year is might be Southern Miss after losing to Rice, but UTEP under Mike Price has been in the hunt every year only to collapse in crunch time.

MAC: Bowling Green. So frustrating, the pieces are there to be a MAC powerhouse, but it hasn’t been able to turn the corner.

Mountain West: Wyoming. Tantalizingly close in the Mountain West race because it usually comes up with a few big wins at home, it can’t come up with the consistent wins on the road.

Pac 10: UCLA. How do you get obliterated by Utah, lose to Notre Dame, and beat Cal?  How do you beat USC last year, and get run over by Florida State?

SEC: Georgia. Just when you think it’s a world-beater, it comes up with a strange loss. Just when you think it’s average, it beats someone really, really good.

Sun Belt: Middle Tennessee. The makeup to beat Vanderbilt a few years ago and hang with good teams on the non-conference schedule, but it doesn’t have it when it comes to pulling off a title. Yeah, it tied for the Sun Belt championship last year, but it really lost it to Troy.

WAC: Fresno State. Where are all the WAC titles under Pat Hill? The program that’s so great at going on the road and losing close games to good BCS teams [/qoute]

http://cfn.scout.com/2/697177.html

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

"They could beat anyone, but they could also lose to anyone"

Without pointing out that any team could lose to anyone, I know what they mean when they say this.  Yes, I would have to actually agree that USF is pretty flaky.  Flakiest in the Big East?  I don't know I would have to throw Louisville in there too.

Wait do they mean this year only?  I guess Louisville couldn't beat "anyone" with that D of theirs.

• Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

yeah that's pretty much how i've described the Bulls the past 4 years or so.

• Content Count:  635

Without pointing out that any team could lose to anyone, I know what they mean when they say this.  Yes, I would have to actually agree that USF is pretty flaky.  Flakiest in the Big East?  I don't know I would have to throw Louisville in there too.

Wait do they mean this year only?  I guess Louisville couldn't beat "anyone" with that D of theirs.

they're referring to year in and year out.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

This has described us for several years now

If these boys find consistency they will be a perennial power in CFB

• Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

I don't know who is the flakiest because I don't follow the other teams as closely as I do USF.  I do know for a fact that USF is very flaky.

• Content Count:  498

They are the definition of flaky, we all know this.  But I still love them.

• Content Count:  1,757

College football is a very flaky sport.  Team emotion is a key factor in every game.   

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Tacklin' Fuel.

Archived