• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory: "dumb call."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I just heard on 620 sports attack that Gregory called the infamous bootleg play:

"dumb call."

Thought that was funny.

Also found some more here:

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

When we were talking about number of points USF could have had during the game, Gregory said:  “Then I make the dumb call on the goal line. We left a lot of points on the field and we had made an unbelievable drive at the end. We converted two fourth downs, one or two third and longs. It was just a dumb call. Too much risk for potential reward.â€Â

I bolded that because that's what I have been saying.  Yes it if works it's a good play, but if it doesn't work the risk is too high that you are screwing yourself on the next down.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Hind sight is 20/20 if it worked it would have been the greatest call of the game. Time to move on to the next game.

GO BULLS BEAT THE PUSSCATS

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hopefully he learned something on that " dumb play" and will use it to help him become a better coordinator.  The offense as a staff and a unit have a lot of improving to do.   

• Content Count:  4,738

Hind sight is 20/20 if it worked it would have been the greatest call of the game. Time to move on to the next game.

If he had a Tight end or WR in the flat it would have been a good call, both defenders on the edge committed to Grothe immediately

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

If he had a Tight end or WR in the flat it would have been a good call, both defenders on the edge committed to Grothe immediately

yup. both of them crashed immediately. Grothe would have had to dump it off quick tho.

kinda disheartening when your OC admits his own ineptitude.

• Content Count:  7,890

You know its very hard to concentrate on reading your post because my eyes are drawn to those huge jugs you have on your sig ;D

You know its very hard to concentrate on reading your post because my eyes are drawn to those huge jugs you have on your sig ;D

Yes and it is very hard to browse the forum at work because these giant things are sitting there on your screen and you have to kind of scroll and then panic and scroll away.

yup. both of them crashed immediately. Grothe would have had to dump it off quick tho.

kinda disheartening when your OC admits his own ineptitude.

I don't know I am kind of happy he said that.  Pretty cool.

• Content Count:  635

not a great playcall, but just one of many factors why we lost the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

Yes and it is very hard to browse the forum at work because these giant things are sitting there on your screen and you have to kind of scroll and then panic and scroll away.

At work change your profile to not display signatures.  It's easy.

Archived