• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Duemig hates on USF today

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

It's kind of weird, in my short experience I never saw players or coaches being barred from the media. I had a press pass for a year working for a wonderful website, maybe you heard of it, southfloridabulls.com? Well at any rate, granted it was during the 4-7 season but, never was a player denied from an interview and after each game Leavitt always addressed the media. Even in subsequent years when I would talk to him w/o my press pass on, I would identify myself as being with SFB.com and he would always talk. I wonder if anyone has pointed that out to Duemig, and maybe it's just dumba**es that leavitt won't talk to?

Just me 2 cents

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

i do give him a little credit though... he talked about bandwagon fans jumping off and said he's not talking about USF Students/Alumni... just calling out the city for not backing us

Few teams ever go undefeated...and given the inexperience of our players/program and depth of the schedule we were inevitably going to "get ours". Therefore predicting that bandwagoners would jump off wasn't exactly betting against the odds. But regardless of what he wants to say, there is a noticeable change in the local attitude towards the team. We're getting mentions on the local news programs, sporting websites, fan blogs, as well as national and local radio. Moreover, I've never seens so much school merchandise in the bay area...just go to the local shopping malls or parks. The other day I went to a Walmart here in Bradenton and even here they've started a few racks for USF apparel next to the traditional State college gear....in BRADENTON!! None of this happened before this year..and the higher this program goes, it's only going to get bigger and bigger. Will we still have bandwagoners jumping on and off every year? sure...but in the process we're re-discovering alot of old alumni and making new fans who will stick.

So whether he is pro-Bull or not....it really doesn't matter. The fact is that Dumig wouldn't be talking about us at all if we were still irrelevant and he knows it.

• Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

So whether he is pro-Bull or not....it really doesn't matter. The fact is that Dumig wouldn't be talking about us at all if we were still irrelevant and he knows it.

I don't think that it is a question anymore if the team is relevant.  I still think there is going to be a good attendance for Cinci, I hope I am not proven wrong.

• Content Count:  403

I listen to Duemig on a regular basis and he had some very good points on his show yesterday.

1. People did stop calling and discussing USF.  Just like he predicted.  So, it's up to us to make him wrong.

2. His radio station reaches a lot of people (recruits!), so the more USF talk, then the better. 

3. When JL shuts the media out of his locker room, it shuts out exposure for our team.

I don't always agree with him, but sometimes he has a point of view that is outside of the box.

• Content Count:  2,511

2. His radio station reaches a lot of people (recruits!), so the more USF talk, then the better. 

Huh?  What high school kid, let alone a high school athlete listens to any sports talk radio.

ZERO.

Most high school kids are listening to rock, rap, hip hop, country, or whatever music on their radios.  They do not care about sports talk radio.

There might be a minor percentage of high school kids who listen to sports talk, but those are the fat dork sports nerds whose bellies are so large that they have not seen their "willies" since middle school and who are so fat that they would have a heart attack if they ran a lap around the track.

Duemig is so full of horse droppings that his eyes are turning brown.

• Content Count:  2,511

Duemig is such a tool that he probably thinks that the WMD's are somewhere in Iraq.

• Content Count:  635

There might be a minor percentage of high school kids who listen to sports talk, but those are the fat dork sports nerds whose bellies are so large that they have not seen their "willies" since middle school and who are so fat that they would have a heart attack if they ran a lap around the track.

sounds a bit cathartic.

• Content Count:  403

Parents of high school kids may listen to sports talk radio if you don't think that the high school kids are.  And parents can have a big influence on where kids go to college.

• Content Count:  416

Are you a Duemig shill? Yes parents may listen to Duemig but if they do they're in the bay area allready and familiar with what USF can and cannot bring to the table.

• Content Count:  635

everytime there's a contrarian opinion it's "you must be a Duemig lover." love this board.<3

Archived