• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Duemig hates on USF today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

I got home late from work and I don't know if this has been talked about yet but Duemig was preaching just after the start of his show today at 3:00 that the reason USF will "never be a big program" is because USF and Leavitt shut the media out, don't know how to handle the media, won't make players available after losses (he mentioned after the UCONN game in particular), and other behavior that he regards as 'bush'.  According to him, Leavitt is stunted in his ability to hold press conferences and locks down the locker room and otherwise does not let the media near the team to preserve their focus, but according to Duemig this just shows how limited he is and as long as this is how USF conduct business the 'cannot' be a big program.  He used Bobby  Bowden as the example of what to do in this arena.

Duemig was all to happy to point out that he was never on the bandwagon because he knew that USFs run was doomed and now the University was reaping the reward of mistreating the media because now there was no more coverage and they were not the darlings that they had been.

I personally have always viewed Duemig as a neo-neanderthal whose belief in his own opinion is paramount irrespective of the facts and does not brook question from his mere audience. 

His hatred of USF has now reached full flower in his exultation over the fall of the program from national attention.  I just wanted to find out if anyone else had caught this crap from the Big Slug and what their view was.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

What does it matter?  Everyone on this board is falling into his trap.  Remember that there is not such thing as bad publicity.  He is just getting us to talk about him and his show... THAT IS HIS JOB.  He isn't on the air to do anything other than generate listeners so that clearchannel can sell more ad time at a higher price.  he will say and do whatever it takes for him to do that.

i, for one, heard what he was saying and i can't say that i disagree with it.  i think leavitt needs to let the players be available for interviews after wins and losses, no matter what.  part of being a college student is learning how to deal with adversity not being sheltered from it.

anyway... its been said on here time and time again... if you don't like what you are hearing, change the channel.  no one is forcing any of us to listen to duemig.

(steps off soapbox and grabs a beer).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

I got home late from work and I don't know if this has been talked about yet but Duemig was preaching just after the start of his show today at 3:00 that the reason USF will "never be a big program" is because USF and Leavitt shut the media out, don't know how to handle the media, won't make players available after losses

A perfect example of what chris pointed out if the Big Doofus really said that.... all Deumig cares about is driving listeners and callers. That's one of the stupidest things he's ever said, which is saying a lot, but it was said to elicit calls from Bulls fans. You become a big program by winning, PERIOD ......

• Content Count:  1,238

Heard it and laughed. Thugs/Bottom Feeders (which ever you please) like him are a dime a dozen and we (USF) will just have to take it as the program continues to grow. This will only fire us up and toughen our skins to this in the future. Doom-ege heard (but did not feel) the emotions and pains of a coach after a huge lose. Yes Leavitt wasn't his talkative self after this lose but I couldn't blame him and I believe no one should or even could.

Doom-ege can not and never will know what it's like to be in Leavitt's shoes. So he compares him (Leavitt) to other coaches who have been around longer or that have totally different type characters. What works for one doesn't always work for another. Did they not bad mouth Coach Dungy for his method yet once he left Tampa he goes and wins a SB. Then there's Coach "Chucky" with a 180 degree on Coach Dungy and he too goes and wins a SB. So which way is right or perfect?

Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  1,528

as much as his comments irritate me, I refuse to call him. He's just trolling for USF fans to pick a fight with. All he's done this season is downplay us in hopes that we lose, and he can say "see, I told you so." He knows we're still a big topic so he bashes us trying to pump ratings. I personally wish he wouldnt ever speak of our program. His comments will have no effect on USF's growth

• Content Count:  4,738

as much as his comments irritate me, I refuse to call him. He's just trolling for USF fans to pick a fight with. All he's done this season is downplay us in hopes that we lose, and he can say "see, I told you so." He knows we're still a big topic so he bashes us trying to pump ratings. I personally wish he wouldnt ever speak of our program. His comments will have no effect on USF's growth

He lost a listener when he started to become Steve Deuchebag.  Not to mention 620's player show format is tired.  I could give two craps about what most players think.  Unfortunately the other sports stations have signals that rival my aluminum foil hat...

• Content Count:  139

Winning, that's it. I never cared for the the Big ****. I think he is full of himself and treats callers like crap. He talks about gambling way too much. Anyway, when he's on I change the station.

• Content Count:  282

He lost a listener when he started to become Steve Deuchebag.  Not to mention 620's player show format is tired.  I could give two craps about what most players think.  Unfortunately the other sports stations have signals that rival my aluminum foil hat...

Right on both points.  Every time 620 has a player show come on I want to swallow my tougue.  The most interesting is Joey Galloway because he talks USF up and challenges Douchbag.

You are also correct on the signal strength.  I am lucky to pick them up in Brandon, much less Bradenton.  Crap, stuck with 620.....

• Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

Funny how he mentioned Bowden. Someone needs to tell this dip**** that Bobby Bowden refused to talk to the media after they lost to Wake Forest this year. I guess Duemig never has his facts straight. I would love to run into at a bar so I could have a chat with him face to face. If I did call, he would just hang up on  me because he cant deal with the truth.

• Content Count:  5,241

ignore him and dont listen to him.

Archived