• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My personal suggestion for our first drive.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

We need to throw - by throw I mean throw deep - early. We did it against UCF but refuse to throw deep early in tough games. It  keeps the defense honest and opens up the run. We play scared against good teams and it shows. If Grothe throws it deep gets it intercepted so what we punt too much anyway.

Anyone consider his passing game is off because he runs too much and is sore? Its tough to have a fluid throwing motion when half your body feels like a 70 year old. Whatever age he said - my point is throw DEEP early, open up the run for the RB's and run Grothe 10 times a game max so keep him healthy.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

We need to throw - by throw I mean throw deep - early. We did it against UCF but refuse to throw deep early in tough games. It  keeps the defense honest and opens up the run. We play scared against good teams and it shows. If Grothe throws it deep gets it intercepted so what we punt too much anyway.

Anyone consider his passing game is off because he runs too much and is sore? Its tough to have a fluid throwing motion when half your body feels like a 70 year old. Whatever age he said - my point is throw DEEP early, open up the run for the RB's and run Grothe 10 times a game max so keep him healthy.

we need to save DA's leg right ;)

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

we need to save DA's leg right ;)

LOL maybe if he only punts once a quarter he can "focus" on his FG kicking.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

My theory is we have been afraid to throw deep because or WR's refuse to fight for the ball

Maybe with the new blood in that will change

• Content Count:  651

how about this for our first drive! Score a touchdown and not a missed field goal.

I second this idea!!!!

• Content Count:  1,412

We need  a drive like our first drive against UNC!  That was pure domination and a statement for the game!  I don't know if we have had a more balanced and dominating drive this year.  We did want we wanted and they could not answer!

• Content Count:  500

first play on offense: fake punt.

My post = perfect use of sarcasm

Your post = lame attempt at being funny.

• Content Count:  218

Run it down their friggin throats Jacksonville-style!

Ben is Jones-Drew and Jamar is Fred Taylor!

And if Ford is cleared to play.... use him too!!!!  He can be Greg Jones

Are those guys even on your roster?  I've never heard of them running...  "Grothe Left, Grothe Right, Grothe up the middle"...  So much groth on USF, you guys should invest in fungal remover.

• Content Count:  500

Run it down their friggin throats Jacksonville-style!

Ben is Jones-Drew and Jamar is Fred Taylor!

And if Ford is cleared to play.... use him too!!!!  He can be Greg Jones

Are those guys even on your roster?  I've never heard of them running...  "Grothe Left, Grothe Right, Grothe up the middle"...  So much groth on USF, you guys should invest in fungal remover.

Stick to guessing about the weather.

Archived