• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Oracle: Where did everybody go?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Lame.  I still think the attendance is going to be good for the last two games though.

That's because they had purchased their tickets two weeks ago and now they're going to try and sell them like some have done on these message boards. It's a people try to be diehard USF fans and then turn around two weeks later and don't want to be affiliated with them because they dropped two games they could have won. It's not like they got did in 52-7.

or 64-12 lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You posters saying that students are the first to fall off the bandwagon have to be kidding me. This column is missing some major points.

There would be no line to pick up student tickets on halloween. Student tickets where handed out beginning last Thursday, I believe, in the morning. There would be no leavitt town and whatnot, since it was a weeknight. There would be no line on Halloween for countless reasons. I couldn't get my tickets when it opened, because like many students, I was in class. Since I pay for my classes, I go to them. When I did go, about four hours after they were being distributed, there was a constant stream of students picking them up.

Another important factor is that this time, companion tickets weren't being sold until today. Previous games students were able to pick them up when they offered them, so they sold out the sections much faster.

If you figure that at least every other student bought one companion ticket, there is the 12000 student section. 8000 right now, and that's just for the individual bracelet. Use your reasoning skills.

Don't blame the students for a poor turnout to this game or claim they are falling off the bandwagon. There are still more USF shirts on campus then I have seen since I've transferred here.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

The bandwagon fans are already wearing the scarlet and gold of Ohio State.

:-\

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

If there's a good thing about the lower attendance for students, it's that I don't have to get in line two hours ahead of time to get my regular seats! ;) However, I do like when the student section is loud and packed. I hope everyone rattles Cinci like when we thumped WVU.

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Lame.  I still think the attendance is going to be good for the last two games though.

That's because they had purchased their tickets two weeks ago and now they're going to try and sell them like some have done on these message boards. It's a people try to be diehard USF fans and then turn around two weeks later and don't want to be affiliated with them because they dropped two games they could have won. It's not like they got did in 52-7.

Yeah, two close losses on the road in conference play causes people to pretend they were never fans at all. Then if we somehow get to the BCS they will all be back in droves.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The students have been strong all year, even against Elon.  I expect more of that the last 2 games.

• Content Count:  2,277

I heard 8,000 student tickets were gone.

I would also like to point out that I announced previously the students would be the first to jump off the bandwagon.

/sorry

//I just had to say it.

Of course, thats how students are. My freshman year of high school my school Dunedin was 8-0, had blown out all of their opponents and had flashy college prospect Theo Wilson at QB (who eventually failed to make it because of grades, was a junior at the time) and the stands were full it was crazy. Then we lost one game to Countryside who was developing into a county power and that was it everyone was gone.

Besides most of these students went to USF for other reasons, but the football team became the flavor of the week so everyone wanted a taste. After one loss some of them stayed, but after 2 losses their all gone and good riddance to them. Their not even going to show up to the homecoming game, they aren't worth being fans of the program.

Yeah Go Countryside Cougars!  ;D LOL.  That's where I went.

It's good to hear Greg that Theo might be a Bull one day.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Content Count:  1,238

or 64-12 lol

Zing!

What could you possibly mean by that?? ::)

• Content Count:  701

maybe the students are in class

Archived