• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this game a green out

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

If you are going for a "Green Out" You better bring lots of extra green to cover the Upper bowl. 

hard to do with fans in those seats

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i think the color of gear in the stadiums is a major part of home field advantage.

it's pretty intimidating to walk into someone else's field, and see the entire crowd unified behind their team wearing the same color.

just look at Nebraska's "Red Wave," or PSU's "white out" (didn't exactly work this year, but still...)

anything fans can do to contribute to the game atmosphere is important.

SO WEAR GREEN!

• Content Count:  1,238

I always wear green. Be it Home or Away.

Also, I always take an extra green shirt and cover my seat back with it. I am hoping that this catches on. So that when cameras pan the fans they wont see those red seat backs.

Just doing my bit to make this stadium a little bit more like our own while our OCS is worked out.  ;)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

OK, here's the deal.  Normally a 'Green Out' or a 'White Out' means the game is a National Game, not a regional game and not a local game.  Also, by National I mean that its either on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC all over the country.  Being on ESPNU doesn't count.  If you want to know why, read the thread that basically says we don't get paid extra for those games.

Using this criteria, the only game this year that falls under it is the West Virginia game.  That game in fact was the only Green Out we've had all year.  Yeah you can wear green to the other games, but its not mandatory.  Got it yet?

Like I said before, it doesn't matter what USF color you wear, as long as its a USF shirt.  And, make noise when you are supposed to make noise and that is what truly matters when you are a good fan.  That is what makes for a great home field advantage.

• Content Count:  5,241

You guys are getting way too pc about this green out.

• Content Count:  2,478

Just wear USF colors, white, green , or gold.  It doesn't really matter.  And cheer when you're supposed to cheer.  Home field advantage is determined by sound, not a shirt color. 

Don't say that about the shirt color. Green should be the only color allowed for the people supporting the Bulls. It looks so much better when the crowd does things as a whole.

Just look at Penn State's white out last week. That was how a "color"-out should be done!

• Content Count:  2,307

Everyone should try to wear green to the games, TV or not.  It makes the fans look more united, like we're part of the team.

For those complaining about it being too hot to wear green last time, it's November and the weather is a bit cooler--so wear green!  It's our main color!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks for making my point.  At PSU last week, the game was nationally televised on ABC.  It was a scheduled 'White Out' for a night game, which looks really good on TV.  If PSU is at home this week or next week, look at what their fans will be wearing (both white and blue).  It won't be just one color.

So, like I keep saying, wear whatever USF color you choose....its not really a big deal.

• Content Count:  827

Thanks for making my point.  At PSU last week, the game was nationally televised on ABC.  It was a scheduled 'White Out' for a night game, which looks really good on TV.  If PSU is at home this week or next week, look at what their fans will be wearing (both white and blue).  It won't be just one color.

So, like I keep saying, wear whatever USF color you choose....its not really a big deal.

JoeB,

I usually agree with most everything you have to say on this board, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Every Bulls fan should wear green to EVERY game. Wearing green has nothing to do with the TV in my opinion. I do it cause I think it adds to the atmosphere for the game. Especially since all the coloring in the stadium is red. I would feel a little differently if the decor of the stadium was green. But seeing that it is red I think if we all wore green it would add to the feel that this is Bulls country!

And I can't recall the quote, but I more so do it cause early in the year the players were quoted for saying they would enjoy all the fans to be covered in green.

That is my 2 cents!

Just wear green. Its that simple. I am done with this topic.

Go Bulls! 

Archived