• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this game a green out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

As I sat on my porcelain throne this morning reading the Sport section (St. Pete Times) I saw on the bottom of one of the pages an ad for the game saying "Wear yo ~U~ r Green". So I ask is this game to be a green out?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I always wear my green!

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

As I sat on my porcelain throne this morning reading the Sport section (St. Pete Times) I saw on the bottom of one of the pages an ad for the game saying "Wear yo ~U~ r Green". So I ask is this game to be a green out?

From what I remember, this type of ad has been in the Times for each of out home games since wither WVU or UCF.  Not sure if it's "official" in the eyes of the Athletic Dept., but whatever gets the world out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Always a green out

That's what I thought ... I think the extra emphasis early on was for the "new" fans.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Just wear USF colors, white, green , or gold.  It doesn't really matter.  And cheer when you're supposed to cheer.  Home field advantage is determined by sound, not a shirt color. 

• Content Count:  1,238

Just wear USF colors, white, green , or gold.  It doesn't really matter.  And cheer when you're supposed to cheer.  Home field advantage is determined by sound, not a shirt color. 

Second!!

Butts in the seats out weigh what people wear or for that matter what they don't wear.  >:D

But my preference for all games, not just home games, will always be, at least for now, GREEN.  ;D

• Content Count:  416

The Green out is really only useful for percieved unity for the TV but shouldn't affect the field any.

• Content Count:  2,461

They probably wouldn't be selling white homecoming shirts if it were officially a green-out.

• Content Count:  1,238

The Green out is really only useful for percieved unity for the TV but shouldn't affect the field any.

I would have to differ on that point.

Have you ever played sports and played with no fans, without any cheering or music playing? Then compare it to the atmosphere that the Bulls play to at home. The fans have an effect. Be it on the home team or the visiting team. Yes, players should have there heads in the game but everyone knows that's not so. The players do notice the fans and feel the electricity and charge of the crowd. So when the fans are unified, for t.v. or not, all I can say is...MAN what a feeling! :D

IMO

Archived