• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I like what is saw at the Basketball game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I'd say less than 500 :( for attendence.

Team looked good, Dominique Jones especially showed off. Verdejo knocked down some shots, Chin looked good, KG was KG, Howard looked good, Curry looked talented.

I think we have a struggle next week early, not having KG to go to, I still think we'll win and probably by alot. But somebody else has to step up, BJ is big but very very raw, and he fouled out tonight.

But a fun night though, its been awhile since I can remember we dominated somebody.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I had a great time at the game. I think there was 500-600 people there tonight. We have some awesome freshman, that are going to contribute right away. KG is still a beast down low. Heath is an awesome coach. I got a feel that this is the turning point, that we are only going to be going up. MSG or bust.

• Content Count:  1,911

only two dunk attemps not made but then that was two more than we ever saw with the last coach. I did love the center of SLU getting dunked on by our Guard

Are you kidding? The "last coach" had a guy named Mattis that dunked nearly every time he touched the ball.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Finally, I've been waiting for the $10 walk up ticket to these pre Big East schedule games.  No need for it to be full price for the Bethune Cookmans and FAUs.

• Content Count:  377

the day we matter in the big east (basketball) is the day that pigs fly

• Content Count:  154

Smmitty you gotta bullieve that we'll matter soon enough with Stan Heath at the Helm now.  I mean he's already proven that he can turn around programs and coach in a minor basketball conference (Kent State(not sure which conference they are in)) and a major baksetball conference (Arkansas (SEC))

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We won't dominate the Big East any time soon, but you will see some improvenments this year. I still have a feeling it will be a very tough season.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think this season will be a true testament to Heath's coaching. He will only be working with the freshmen he brought in, and the guys left from last year's team.

I will be very interested in his recruiting though. My brother-in-law is a HS coach for the 6A state runner-up last year, and in 15 years of coaching (some in Gainesville, some in Orlando), USF has never recruited any of his kids. He has a starter at FSU now, a freshman that is going to start some time this season for Ole Miss, and a guy that just signed with Oklahoma (though he moved and won't play his senior year at the school). There is a lot of talent out there that hasn't been recruited in the past.

Greenberg's teams used to play pretty up-tempo, I hope Heath can get back, and improve on that. I was shocked when USF hired him. It shows a real commitment to the program, and he will turn it around.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I think this season will be a true testament to Heath's coaching. He will only be working with the freshmen he brought in, and the guys left from last year's team.

I will be very interested in his recruiting though. My brother-in-law is a HS coach for the 6A state runner-up last year, and in 15 years of coaching (some in Gainesville, some in Orlando), USF has never recruited any of his kids. He has a starter at FSU now, a freshman that is going to start some time this season for Ole Miss, and a guy that just signed with Oklahoma (though he moved and won't play his senior year at the school). There is a lot of talent out there that hasn't been recruited in the past.

Greenberg's teams used to play pretty up-tempo, I hope Heath can get back, and improve on that. I was shocked when USF hired him. It shows a real commitment to the program, and he will turn it around.

Need to get your brother-in-law to start pimping USF

Simple solution.  You're in charge of building the pipeline now

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Smmitty you gotta bullieve that we'll matter soon enough with Stan Heath at the Helm now.  I mean he's already proven that he can turn around programs and coach in a minor basketball conference (Kent State(not sure which conference they are in)) and a major baksetball conference (Arkansas (SEC))

I believe Kent State plays in the Mid America Conference. I was at the game last night as well, and I liked what I saw. The team played really aggressively and seemed to wear down St. Leo as the game went on. I think defense may be a work in progress, specifically locking down perimeter shooters. SLU started off really hot from the perimeter, and it seemed like it caught the Bulls by surprise.

Archived