• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2009 Game in Georgia ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

UL will have Hunter Cantwell, who could start on most teams in the nation.  Is rated as one of the top junior prospects for next years draft and has barely played becasue brohm stuck around all 4 years.  That makes the offense just as potent as usual.

Why no NC in 2008?

UL without Brohm on the road

WVU without slaton and possibly white on the road

RU without Rice (hopefully)

UConn at home

Cincy without Mauk on the road

Cuse, Pitt at home

OOC

FIU

Kansas

Tenn-Martin

UCF

NC State

Schedule doesn't look too bad for next year. If White and Rice leave, and our defense can make some key replacements, we should be overwhelming favorites for the BE championship.

UCF, Kansas will be tough OOC games, and the conference schedule is always tough, but we should be looking really strong next year too.

I'm not saying no NC in 08, simply it seems to me our best chance in '09.  For me the toughest thing about 08 is away games at UL, UC, and WVU.  Arguably our toughest opponents in the Big East, short of Rutgers.  UL should have Chris Simms brother at QB.  UL is a question mark.  Will Kragthorpe right the ship?  It seems like they have started to win and he will certainly have his hands on the defense with recruiting. 

I'm mostly looking at our more tough opponents at home rather than away.  Also only one tough OC opponent in Miami.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  99

I would hope it wouldn't be Georgia Tech, or even Georgia. That wouldn't be a "neutral site" at all really...either one of those teams would have a lot more fans travel to the game since they are right there (Georgia Tech is right across the street and Georgia is a couple hours away). I think an SEC team would be a better fit for a game like this. Maybe Tennessee or a rematch with Auburn since they won't come down here to play us.

Any game in Atlanta against an SEC team wouldn't be a "nuetral site". They will outnumber bulls fans 75-25 and I think that is being conservative. Alabama fans outnumbered FSU fans is Jacksonville this year. If the objective of this game is to sell tickets then I don't know why they would want USF in it. It would be great exposure, but don't see it happening. Could see teams like Tenn, Alabama, Auburn, Ark, USC, Clemson, UNC, Va Tech, FSU, WVU in this game because they would bring lots of fans.

• Content Count:  85

that would be a good game.  We have a 2009 match up with Notre Dame.  Clausen should be good by then so who knows.

• Content Count:  2,661

If the objective of this game is to sell tickets then I don't know why they would want USF in it.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say "because you need two teams to play a game."

SEC schools have larger fan bases, no doubt. But fans of these schools aren't going to make a road trip to watch their school play Louisiana-Monroe. (Lord knows they get enough of that at home.) A game of this sort needs an compelling opponent. And the Bulls are one, because of their unique history and tremendous success in 2007.

And SEC teams aren't exactly known for giving the little guy an even break. USF getting a true neutral site game against an SEC power would be a huge boost to USF's major college football credibility. It's a step towards someday getting home-and-away games with programs of this caliber, and being talked about in the same breath with them. It's hard to imagine, but who would have believed possible what USF has done already?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

that would be a good game.  We have a 2009 match up with Notre Dame.  Clausen should be good by then so who knows.

Better tell that to the Irish, you guys aren't listed on their upcoming schedule for 2009.

Archived