• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 Game in Georgia ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

Sept.  5  Wofford

Sept. 19 FIU

Sept. 26 Miami

Oct.  9 at Indiana

See Greg's blog for a possible "Away" game.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

better be a good opponent or a shot at FSU.

They want to sell tickets... I can't see USF vs Middle Tennessee State ... or USF vs Troy... my guess would be something like USF vs Clemson... or USF vs Vanderbilt... teams that could travel and use the exposure.

I hope they split the tickets evenly, too.

• Content Count:  4,738

They want to sell tickets... I can't see USF vs Middle Tennessee State ... or USF vs Troy... my guess would be something like USF vs Clemson... or USF vs Vanderbilt... teams that could travel and use the exposure.

I hope they split the tickets evenly, too.

there was mention before of FSU interested in a neutral site game(I believe).  Seems odd because being in the same state and having so many alum it seems like Ray Jay would almost be neutral.

• Content Count:  6,928

Greg said ACC or SEC....

Here is hoping for Georgia Tech.....

sorry I am biased...

• Content Count:  26

I would hope it wouldn't be Georgia Tech, or even Georgia. That wouldn't be a "neutral site" at all really...either one of those teams would have a lot more fans travel to the game since they are right there (Georgia Tech is right across the street and Georgia is a couple hours away). I think an SEC team would be a better fit for a game like this. Maybe Tennessee or a rematch with Auburn since they won't come down here to play us.

• Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Road trip!  That would be a fun trip.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I too am against UGA, or Tech.

How about...

1. South Carolina

2. Clemson

3. Auburn (they may want another crack at us)

4. Tennessee

5. Kentucky

6. Virginia

7. Vandy

8. Miss

9. Miss St

Just my list of hopefuls. Bama wouldn't be bad either from a geographic standpoint, but I don't think Saban would agree to play us and allow us to punish him for his comments. And UNC, NC State, Duke, and Wake would all make sense, I just don't get excited about playing any of them on a yearly basis.

A deal like this would require (and warrant) a re-work of the future schedule. I think we made some changes to get Auburn this year. I could see FIU or Indiana getting moved to another year to make room for this... Or both...How about FIU plays @ Indiana so we don't screw them out of a game, that would just leave us with a slot to fill.

I would still personally love to get out of that UF deal. Not a good deal for us with two away games and nothing at home. I want to play them, but not necessarily under those terms, BCS bowl game would be better.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

I am strongly against playing UGA or GA Tech for the simple fact that it would practically be a home game for either team (Tech is in Atlanta, and UGA is an hour and a half east in Athens, GA).

Preferably, I'd like to see (in order from top to bottom)

- South Carolina

- Virginia

- Clemson

- Kentucky (if they're at or near this season's caliber)

- Tennessee

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i would love a game against UGA or GTech, whether the stadium is full of Georgia/Tech fans or not.

it's time Bulls' fans started traveling.  by 2009 we should have built up an even bigger traveling fanbase than we have now... not that what we have now is all that impressive, but if we can't even make it to Atlanta in force then our fanbase is pathetic.

Archived