• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Coach Stands By Kicker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Unless he has a better alternative at kicker, what do you expect Jim to say? He has to stick by Delbert...and that's the right move.

As we all know, Leavitt is loyal to the players.  However, that being said, the player roster shows  Morgan Riley, who is a junior from Murray State listed as a kicker.  Does anyone know why he hasn't been given a shot at the position?  Outside of Riley the only kicker on the team is Alvarado.  If Riley is unable to perform as well as Alvarado, then Alvarado is the man.  Plain and simple.

I know Morgan personally and he is well-deserved of a chance to kick. He has no injuries, yet still does not get a shot. I tell him to just run on the field with the kicking unit, maybe no one will notice! :)

• Content Count:  2,118

might as well put a Florida State uniform on him.

• Content Count:  186

Actually standing in front of Alvarado would be safer because you know you'd never get hit.

• Content Count:  1,633

alvarado sucks, anyone can make a 26 yard field goal except him

Santiago once not only missed the extra point, but he also missed the net behind the goal posts. He must have been trying to do that.

• Content Count:  80

He doesnt have a choice but to stick with alverado!

they could go for it?

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

"This game is as big as they come," Leavitt said. "There isn't any doubt about it. It is a huge game."

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

OMG That is hilarious. Gotta love 'em. It could have been a big game if . . . . well we all know what has happened now its just a Saturday diversion. The biggest part of this game is the honoring of the 1997 team.

BTW: Was it just me or did it take the defense about 1 1/2 quarters to recover (mentally) from DA 2 misses in the 1Q at UConn. I said it during the AU game and post game talk, CJL gambles with more than 3 points when he trots that guy out. The team knows DA sucks and CJL loses their confidence when he does so.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Unless he has a better alternative at kicker, what do you expect Jim to say? He has to stick by Delbert...and that's the right move.

As we all know, Leavitt is loyal to the players.  However, that being said, the player roster shows  Morgan Riley, who is a junior from Murray State listed as a kicker.  Does anyone know why he hasn't been given a shot at the position?  Outside of Riley the only kicker on the team is Alvarado.  If Riley is unable to perform as well as Alvarado, then Alvarado is the man.  Plain and simple.

I know Morgan personally and he is well-deserved of a chance to kick. He has no injuries, yet still does not get a shot. I tell him to just run on the field with the kicking unit, maybe no one will notice! :)

He might be a nice guy but if he can't beat out Delbert in practice I'm not sure I want him on the field

• Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

I am sure Delbert is the best option we have or he wouldn't be out there.  He has to trust him, but seriously he may consider going for it on 4th some more now.

Archived