What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

OT: Formation of H.O.T. Alumni Association

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

From Tanya Bruce via Assit. Director John Schnettler:

Dear USF HOT Alumni,

I am very excited to announce the formation of the ‘Herd of Thunder Alumni Association’!

We will start things off with an informal ‘get together’ this Saturday November 3rd.   From there, we will begin the process of becoming a chapter of the USF Alumni Association, and then our ultimate goal:  The first ever HOT Alumni Band at the 2008 Homecoming Game – during the 10th anniversary season of the Herd of Thunder!

Dr. Robinson and the Assistant Director, John Schnettler have appointed the first Executive Board of the ‘HOTAA’.  This board will be effective for one year will be charged with completing the two immediate goals (joining USFAA and creating an Alumni Band).  After that point, the board will be elected by the members of the HOTAA.   The first HOTAA Executive Board is:

Tanya Bruce – President

Arupa Gopal – Alumni Band Coordinator

Steve Ulloa – Finance

Jade Edwards – Logistics

Ashley Jones – Communications

Becky Tobin (Simonz) – At large

Nicole Wittlin – At large

John Schnettler – Faculty Liaison 

The first step in this process is our very first meeting – an informal  "get together" this Saturday, November 3rd at Raymond James Stadium as the Bulls take on Cincinnati in a Big East match-up!  We will meet in the tailgating area directly South of the stadium (Lot 6 or Lot 7) but we won’t know exactly where until Saturday morning.  Hopefully, you will find some familiar faces and can listen for some HOT recordings to "HERD" you in the right direction. KKPsi will be providing some food and drinks for everyone to enjoy.  Alcoholic beverages are welcome, but will not be provided.

We will start the fun at 12:00 Noon, then Dr. Robinson will be on hand at about 1:00pm to catch up on old times.  After that we can head over to enjoy the road concert in front of the stadium at 2:30pm, followed by kickoff at 3:30pm.  Unfortunately, we will NOT be able to provide tickets for the actual game but there are plenty of tickets still available for purchase.  We hope that this will not stop you from coming out to support HOT and the Alumni Association.

If you cannot attend, please reply to this email and give us all of your pertinent contact information as we begin building our database.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!  This email is being sent to everyone on the current alumni list. However, after 9 years of existence, I'm sure there are a few that we don't have. Please share this email with everyone who is a HOT alum!

Please feel free to email or call me with any questions. I hope to see you all out there.

Thank you,

-Tanya Bruce

President – HOT Alumni Association

t515b@yahoo.com

• Content Count:  2,307

Then you guys can fly and make some away games!!!

• Content Count:  1,066

Definitely a mechanism to get that done...But paying off the uniform bill seems to be the biggest item before funding the away games via a correspondence I had with Dr. Robinson a week ago.

I hope with next year being the 10th Anniversary of H.O.T., there will be enough alumni to contribute to these endeavors!

• Content Count:  19

How exciting!

Hmm... too bad I don't live in Tampa anymore.

But hey - if we have enough HOT Alumni across the country - then we can "travel" to away games.  I got dibs on the @WVA and @Rutgers games! :-)

Archived