• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Bowl Predictions as of Oct. 30, 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly don't know how to feel.....should we be happy about people picking us for the Muffler bowl after the start of the season and the success that we have had this year.  I have been right with E.T. and they guys when they say to keep our chins up, but boy does that 'pick' feel like a kick to the crotch.  Can we still call it a good year when that is the outcome.

Someone please...(queue Clevon Little) hep me.....hep me...sumbody HEP me!  :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't, Virginia is not a good team so beating them would give me no satisfaction except the fact that i'd be happy we won of course. It wouldn't really be any better than beating East Carolina last year. Virginia did beat UConn but that is it.

slow down homeboy...

Virginia is 7-2.  no marquee wins, but UNC, GTech, Pitt, UConn and Maryland is a decent string.... and certainly a better matchup than ECU, if for no other reason than they're a BCS school.

one of the pitfalls of this season is that Bulls fans (and probably players: see UConn) have overexaggerated the teams' success and started to believe that we're on some higher level than other schools. 

Virginia is currently 2nd in the ACC and 1st in the Coastal division. USF is currently tied for LAST in the Big East.

USF playing Virginia in the Muffler Bowl is not quite the same thing as LSU getting stuck playing Indiana or something.  we're not a powerhouse yet.  USF/Virginia would be a good game.  they beat UConn... something we couldn't do.  let's not get full of ourselves.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I wouldn't, Virginia is not a good team so beating them would give me no satisfaction except the fact that i'd be happy we won of course. It wouldn't really be any better than beating East Carolina last year. Virginia did beat UConn but that is it.

The Fuhrer has spoken.

UsfColby3.jpg

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

dang... why Hitler?  couldn't have photochopped some Comrade Stalin instead?

• Content Count:  136

I think the Gator Bowl would be pretty cool...

Disappointment from what we were starting to expect, but that's a step up from PPJ.com Bowl eh?

• Content Count:  1,633

The muffler bowl probably wont be to bad if we dont get stuck playing in a home game against NC State this year.

It was kind of rough when we had about 2k-3k Bulls fans and 60k+ fans in red...

The muffler bowl probably wont be to bad if we dont get stuck playing in a home game against NC State this year.

It was kind of rough when we had about 2k-3k Bulls fans and 60k+ fans in red...

Well, it was 5000 Bulls fans, but you're right the sea of red was unnerving... of course, it could be a sea of Black and Gold....

Sure, UNC and NC State won't be going to a bowl game... but Wake Forest will.

• Content Count:  377

I like the Gator Bowl. It's closer and will be against a good ACC team.

Archived