• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gator Bowl vs. Sun Bowl

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I want the Bulls to make the Gator Bowl but you guys keep convincing me it likely wont happen so I guess i've got to start looking at hotels in El Paso.

I don't see why you'd want to go.

There will surely be a few local El Paso bandwagon Bulls fans there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

^ they already did take a BE team last year

Sorry, my point was that with 3 years left and no ND this year and with WVU probably going to a BCS game they would avoid the Big East if at all possible this year and hope for ND one of the next 2 seasons.

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

I want the Bulls to make the Gator Bowl but you guys keep convincing me it likely wont happen so I guess i've got to start looking at hotels in El Paso.

Thats like saying someone should never go to a restaurant because they don't like salad.

• Content Count:  1,260

If USF can keep home attendance over 50K for the last 2 games, then the Gator would be absolutely STUPID to pass us over (assuming we win out).  USF would draw about 10K more than almost any Big 12 team for attendance.  There is a big difference (especially in cost) that time of year between a 4 hour drive and a 6-8 hour flight.   

Nebraska, Texas, and Oklahoma would outdraw USF if they came to a Florida bowl, AND they will be reserving hotel rooms. I think it's a no-brainer that the Big-12 goes to the Gator Bowl this year...and that fact underscores it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Thats like saying someone should never go to a restaurant because they don't like salad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Wow I didn't know I was being sarcastic, thanks for telling me good sir.

• Content Count:  1,260

If USF can keep home attendance over 50K for the last 2 games, then the Gator would be absolutely STUPID to pass us over (assuming we win out).  USF would draw about 10K more than almost any Big 12 team for attendance.  There is a big difference (especially in cost) that time of year between a 4 hour drive and a 6-8 hour flight.   

Nebraska, Texas, and Oklahoma would outdraw USF if they came to a Florida bowl, AND they will be reserving hotel rooms. I think it's a no-brainer that the Big-12 goes to the Gator Bowl this year...and that fact underscores it.

Yeah because honestly if we went to the Gator Bowl i'd probably drive up that day. At most maybe i'd stay in a hotel the night before and night after, but Nebraska, Texas, or Oklahoma fans would probably stay for a whole week.

• Content Count:  4,642

do you guys think we would really bring that many fans to el paso?  i mean seriously, what is the driving time to el paso from florida?

i bet if we win out we could sell out the gator bowl by ourselves.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

do you guys think we would really bring that many fans to el paso?  i mean seriously, what is the driving time to el paso from florida?

i bet if we win out we could sell out the gator bowl by ourselves.

Tampa to El Paso driving would take approx. 25 hours straight, which equates to about 3 days of driving (2 if you want to push it).  If El Paso is where we go, I definitely see flying as the option to go.  The game is on Monday Dec. 31 at Noon.

Archived