• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The positives to us losing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Is that finally the bandwagon is going away.

I know technically we are losing fans, and the attendance numbers may not look as good for this next game. However I personally want fans who are going to stay with the team through thick and thin, not these fairweather ******** who were all over the football team when they were 6-0 but now don't care. I can't tell you how many facebook friends have left the Grothe>Tebow group since Saturday, probably like 30.

That is what I hate about our society, people cling to what is cool act like it is the greatest thing ever and then 2 weeks later it's like that thing never existed. How can people be satisfied with their existence when they never truly like something, just pretend to because it's the flavor of the week? Tons on Red Sox fans came out of the closet over the past month too, where were they in September when the Yankees were closing in fast, huh? Where were they last Ocober when the Sox weren't even playing in the playoffs?

Anyway, feel free to call me a Gators fan or say i'm an idiot for being happy that we're losing fans or whatever you guys want to say.

Just a sidenote: I am not happy that we are losing.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

wow

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I hope we never win a championship because banwagon fans will come out..... Shoot lets just go 0-12 every year so we can see who the real fans are.  ::)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Wow, indeed.

All I can say to that, young Colby, is that you are entitled to your opinion just as much as anyone else.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of agreement, though.

• Content Count:  7,890

How can you put the words Positive and Loss in the same sentence.......................... Sounds like a loser to me

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You can't paint all bandwagon fans with the same brush.  While a majority of them may go away (not a bad thing either), a good number will become true Bull fans.  We have a lot to be proud of, and although I too am unhappy that we lost the last 2 games, I look forward to a bright future for the team.  Our recruiting will benefit just by the fact that we are in the top 25 in the BCS standings.  That was what I was hoping to happen this year.

Ideally I was also hoping that we would win out the BE.  Although it is appears unlikely, stranger things have happened. 

I love the team and am proud to be part of BullNation, even if it is through my baby Bull!

• Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I bet that while SOME fans may go away at least temporarily, I bet we won over a lot of new fans who are going to stay.  That's my take on it anyway.  The last few games that all of these people have been coming to have been pretty fun experiences and I think that sticks with a person.

As to this:

That is what I hate about our society, people cling to what is cool act like it is the greatest thing ever and then 2 weeks later it's like that thing never existed. How can people be satisfied with their existence when they never truly like something, just pretend to because it's the flavor of the week?

Yeah that is no secret.  Also, it isn't exclusive to sports.  Yes it sucks and yes I can't stand those kinds of people.  However, I would still prefer the stadium full so bring em on.  Once they figure out when to get loud it helps our home field advantage too.

• Content Count:  136

A lot of people in tampa have been looking for a college team to call their own for awhile. Now that it's here, they have something to cheer for. They may not have been here in 1997 but better late then never. I can't wait until the day that people on the other side of the country are wearing the usf green and gold

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

USF Colby,

I get a kick out of reading your posts.  They show you to be a little green but an independent thinker nevertheless.

In an earlier post when you were taking a verbal beat down from other posters on this board, it was revealed that you are just starting out at USF (a freshman, I believe).  Take advantage of your next few years and work in a few writing classes (regardless of your major).  With a USF degree in your pocket and the courage to "go against the grain", you'll be set. . . .  Dammit USF Colby, why do you make me feel so old.

Archived