• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to carry a football...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a douchebag? I'm not the one making a pointless thread with random snapshots

random snapshots?

have u actually WATCHED these guys play, or are u too busy staring at their ass in their tights?

Ford's technique is obviously lacking to anyone who watches him play...  he carries the ball too low and too loose, and runs too tall.  i love his potential but u gotta be honest.  this is a clearly demonstrable area in which the Ford obviously needs to improve.

Do random insults make you feel more like a man, or do they just make you feel like your points are more valid?

Thank you for the valid points bully

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but instead it turns into a case study on asshurt oversensitivity and defensiveness from a fan who clearly lacks objectivity due to a flaming mancrush.

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I have noticed that Taylor always carry with his left hand even theres tackler on his left side.  that's bad.. he needs to switch it to his right hand so he can stiff arm against tackler on left side.  I think he is 100% lefty..

good observation.  i hadn't noticed that.

clearly, both of our young running backs have technique issues to deal with.

i think Ben is solid carrying the ball (yes, i know he's fumbled too), but he has issues evading tackles... it seems he runs INTO tacklers instead of juking/spinning around them.

Taylors big run at UConn was impressive for that reason... haven't seen the play since watching it live, but if i recall correctly, he was spinning and shifting and really put some moves on the defenders to break that run.

but instead it turns into a case study on asshurt oversensitivity and defensiveness from a fan who clearly lacks objectivity due to a flaming mancrush.

LOL... wassup Mike? im glad someone has a sense of humor around here.

this place gets real dry sometimes...  it seems like most folks on here are either kool-aid sippers that refuse to criticize anybody related to the team (except when dogpiling on Amarri/Delbert/Gregory and the usual scapegoats), or are complete downers that have nothing positive to say at all (smazza?)

don't get me wrong... i love the Ford.  i want to see more of the Ford.  but the coaches need to get on his ass and show him how to carry a football.

LOL... wassup Mike? im glad someone has a sense of humor around here.

this place gets real dry sometimes...  it seems like most folks on here are either kool-aid sippers that refuse to criticize anybody related to the team (except when dogpiling on Amarri/Delbert/Gregory and the usual scapegoats), or are complete downers that have nothing positive to say at all (smazza?)

don't get me wrong... i love the Ford.  i want to see more of the Ford.  but the coaches need to get on his ass and show him how to carry a football.

hey ive got aford mancrush but i know he is at least a year from being a real threat.  Besides how he carries the ball, IMO he has stamina issues.  Needs to get back in"football shape"  and quit fumbling.

• Content Count:  27

I just have to agree that looking at pictures doesn't tell the whole story.

For example, we have Adrian Peterson:

peterson.jpg

Or here's some Calvin Johnson (while I do agree it's better than AP's... he's still holding it the same way Mike Ford is in your second picture):

cjohnson.jpg

How about LaDanian Tomlinson?:

lt.jpg

Shaun Alexander has the ball away from his body:

salexander.jpg

I just have to agree that looking at pictures doesn't tell the whole story.

which is why some of us actually watch the games.   ::)

the pictures of Ford don't exist in a void... what they demonstrate is what we've all seen in games repeatedly.

as far as AD & LT... with the number of carries they get, it's easy to find a picture in which the ball isn't high and tight like it's supposed to be. but anyone who's seen them play knows that is an aberration, not the norm.  with Ford, it is the norm.  AD and LT get 20+ carries a game... of those, of course you'll find one or two action shots like that.

Ford gets 5 carries a game.  i'd bet at least 3 or 4 of them will look like that.

anyways...

Adrian_Peterson.jpg

6be4pw3.jpg

tomlinson.jpg

it's a logical fallacy to think u can disprove the Ford's poor carrying technique by showing pictures of others demonstrating poor carrying technique... the fact that AD or LT might have instances where they carry the ball low and loose DOESN'T disprove the Ford's bad technique.

why don't u find me a picture of Ford actually carrying the ball the right way?

• Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I just wanted to say Adrian Peterson is awesome and I wanted the Bucs to draft him if that O-line guy or WR were not available.  I know it wouldn't make sense with Williams there but notice Williams is not there now.

• Content Count:  27

it's a logical fallacy to think u can disprove the Ford's poor carrying technique by showing pictures of others demonstrating poor carrying technique... the fact that AD or LT might have instances where they carry the ball low and loose DOESN'T disprove the Ford's bad technique.

And the fact that you've found two pictures where he carries it, as you say incorrectly... proves what? Nothing.

Statistically he is still the best option we have at running back. And that's a fact. So he apparently does it better than the guys who hold it the "right way."

And the fact that you've found two pictures where he carries it, as you say incorrectly... proves what? Nothing.

Statistically he is still the best option we have at running back. And that's a fact. So he apparently does it better than the guys who hold it the "right way."

he fumbles better too

Archived