What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

How to carry a football...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

It's hard to compare how someone who is being tackled holds a football with how someone who is in the open is holding the ball

not to mention he could just be changing hands as he's running to the outside

• Content Count:  5,160
  • Days Won:  2

It's hard to compare how someone who is being tackled holds a football with how someone who is in the open is holding the ball

only if you're a douchebag.

YES:

a4n51z.jpg

2ikfnv7.jpg

NO:

9bljmd.jpg

I'm a douchebag? I'm not the one making a pointless thread with random snapshots

i understand you're a Ford fan... i am too.

but there is an ENORMOUS difference in their carry techniques....

notice Ben & Jamar have it tucked high at the top of the numbers and tight to the body.

now notice how Mike holds it low and loose, like its a carton of eggs or something.

when u hold the ball like that running into a pile (which is what happens when teams key in on u like they do Mike), youre gonna get ripped... and that's exactly what's happened to Mike a few times this season in limited carries.

I'm not trying to argue he needs to work on his technique...he obviously does.

But comparing two random pictures from two different scenarios, especially with no explanation or commentary is stupid and pointless

I'm a douchebag? I'm not the one making a pointless thread with random snapshots

random snapshots?

have u actually WATCHED these guys play, or are u too busy staring at their ass in their tights?

Ford's technique is obviously lacking to anyone who watches him play...  he carries the ball too low and too loose, and runs too tall.  i love his potential but u gotta be honest.  this is a clearly demonstrable area in which the Ford obviously needs to improve.

random snapshots?

have u actually WATCHED these guys play, or are u too busy staring at their ass in their tights?

Ford's technique is obviously lacking to anyone who watches him play...  he carries the ball too low and too loose, and runs too tall.  i love his potential but u gotta be honest.  this is a clearly demonstrable area in which the Ford obviously needs to improve.

Do random insults make you feel more like a man, or do they just make you feel like your points are more valid?

lol.  here i was thinking we could actually discuss, with visual evidence, one of the reasons Ford might not be seeing as many carries as the other guys.

but instead it turns into a case study on asshurt oversensitivity and defensiveness from a fan who clearly lacks objectivity due to a flaming mancrush.

if u think the thread/pictures are "pointless," feel free to not comment, skippy.  the point of this thread is to discuss the play of our RB's, not to debate whether the thread itself has a point or not.

now run along  :-*

Archived