• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OJ Murdock?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i remember over the spring the 4 star freshman WR from Middleton HS that sat at the bottom of South Carolina's depth chart transferred to USF...

anyone know anything about his status for next year?  is he still planning on playing ball for us?

considering our receiving situation, it would be nice to have another weapon at wideout...

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1304889

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

He's at Pearl River and the USF Staff is high on him.

He's at Pearl River and the USF Staff is high on him.

is he still expected to play ball for the Bulls next year?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Don't need him in my opinion.  Our young guys will be more valuable than that guy.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Don't need him in my opinion.  Our young guys will be more valuable than that guy.

Have you watched our receiving corps?  I'd say we are not in a position to be turning down talented guys as long as he can keep his nose clean.  Especially a hometown guy with 4.4 speed and good hands.

Go here:

http://floridastate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=67316

And watch the second video.  He can outrun, outcatch, outwork, outblock our boys.  I'll take him.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

you can never have enough good WR

whoa nelly... slow down there, champ.

the future is bright with Jesse, Mitchell, Bogan and Erskin coming back (not to mention a Sr. TJ leading the way), but there can never be too many talented guys on the depth chart... ESPECIALLY considering the sluggishness and inconsistency of our offense this season.

if i'm not mistaken, OJ would have 2 or 3 years of eligibility left, which could make him a valuable asset when TJ graduates.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Here is your prized recruit..........No thanks.  We already have an image problem as it is, we don't need anymore of this crap.  Plus he'd only have 2 years.  Knowing this stuff, he'd be buried on the depth chart.  Leavitt wouldn't put up with his stuff.

O.J. Murdock suspended from team

Alex Riley

Issue date: 10/23/06 Section: Sports

PrintEmail DoubleClick Any Word Page 1 of 1 USC wide receiver O.J. Murdock was suspended indefinitely from the team last Wednesday after shoplifting from a mall in his native hometown of Tampa, Fla.

Murdock posted a $2,000 bail and was released.

Police reports charge the 19-year old with grand theft larceny in the third degree, equaling over $300 dollars of stolen property. According to The State newspaper, Murdock stole $425 worth merchandise from a Macy's where his girlfriend was an employee.

The standout player from USC coach Steve Spurrier's first recruiting class, Murdock was considered one of the best receivers in the country coming out of high school. After redshirting last fall, Murdock had played in four of USC's games this season catching one pass for eight yards.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

We have given second chances to other guys with shadier records than that.  Remember Carlton Hill? 

Murdock made one mistake, let the people who know him better judge his character. 

Archived