• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Papa Johns.com bowl changes

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

Just for entertainment purposes, whaddya think the travel contingent to

scenic El Paso, Tejas would be like? Remember, a big part of appearance is

tickets sold (if not exactly through the turnstile, though that does matter!).

I coughed up for two tix last year and donated them to the student allotment,

but this year I intend on going, regardless of venue.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say the travel contingent would be at least the same as the last two years -- 5K to 6K.  The problem is this season elevated people's expectations so high, they have become like Miami or Florida or Florida State fans... BCS or nothing.

If someone would have told me on August 1st we'd be going to the Sun Bowl, I would have been thrilled... now people look down their noses at the game because they were expecting a BCS game and now the team has "taken that away from them"... (sounds like spoiled brats, to me).

We are bowl eligble.  Worst case scenario is the International Bowl.  That means another chance to root for the Bulls... it means more time for the players to practice and get extra work for 2008.  It means more exposure, even if only 3 people watch it outside of the USF and opponent's fan bases.

The only bowl I can not make is Hawaii... but I will be at any other game.  Just like I was for the past two seasons.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

That stadium was horrible, worst shape of a stadium with any historical value I have ever seen, especially that one. That is the legions field, and it was more like, a high school stadium. Absolutely pitiful. Beer lines were horrendous, attitudes of the concessionaires were absolutely crap. I'll still go if we go, but I'd rather go to the old Citrus bowl than that ****hole.

Other than that, the city was nicer than I expected, clean at any rate, but outside of that rib place, really nothing to do there. Aaahh, the good ole days of Charlotte, I'd take that bowl in a minute.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  14

I would say the travel contingent would be at least the same as the last two years -- 5K to 6K.  The problem is this season elevated people's expectations so high, they have become like Miami or Florida or Florida State fans... BCS or nothing.

It could be more if we can win our next four.  I think the travel contingent will be higher if we end the season on an upswing.  I remember when we went to Charlotte, we had just lost our final 2 games after having huge expectations.  In otherwords, we were on a downswing.  I think if we are on an upswing (winning streak), the traveling group will be bigger.

BTW:  Speaking of Charlotte, that is a great bowl because EVERYTHING is right there in one place:  Uptown Charlotte.  Street parties, bars, the stadium, etc.  NO BUS RIDES TO STADIUMS THAT ARE NOWHERES NEARS THE HOTELS.  Thats a huge plus.  I'd go there again in a heartbeat.

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Chances are that USF wont be the BIG EAST team at the PAPAJOHNS bowl this season. Bowls pretty much are against taking the same team two years in a row. So, I think USF would go to the International Bowl than the PapaJohns bowl this season.  It gives the school a chance to visit a new place.

Tell that to the Outback Bowl, who homers up every chance they can to pick UF.  UF played at the Outback Bowl in 2002, 2003, & 2005, yet they only won in 2005. 

And they'll be back in 2007 most likely. The Outback Bowl loves UF, i've been to all 3 of the Gators Outback Bowls there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

...  The problem is this season elevated people's expectations so high, they have become like Miami or Florida or Florida State fans... BCS or nothing.

If someone would have told me on August 1st we'd be going to the Sun Bowl, I would have been thrilled... now people look down their noses at the game because they were expecting a BCS game and now the team has "taken that away from them"... (sounds like spoiled brats, to me).

Truer words have never been said. Unless our brief foray into the top 10 shows huge dividends in recruiting, I think it may have actually been an impediment to the long term building of our football program .... as weird as that may sound.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

As long as we dont go to a bowl game at the stadium FAU plays in, Im not worried about the stadium.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I'm at any bowl except possibly Toronto.

PJ bowl wasn't that bad. The stadium sucked, but I know I had a blast with my friends the nights we were there

Visiting Toronto would be a hell of a lot better than visiting El Paso.  Take a cheap flight to Buffalo and rent a car.  See Niagra Falls along the way.

Archived