• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to Ponder:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

I read an article today on UCONN football. This was their first win over a ranked team.  They stormed the field. It was the biggest win in the history of their program.

The fine print: That's their biggest win....in the 111 years they've been playing football. (started in 1896)

Then take the Rutgers loss: they've been playing since 1869.

Here's what you will not hear from any opposing fans: deep down, they know they better enjoy these wins over USF while they can.

They know that it's only a matter of time, really, before USF dominates the Big East.

A very established WVU team couldn't beat us with 2 Heisman hopefuls 2 years in a row.

We knocked off an SEC opponent on the road.

We simply had some glaring weaknesses as a team that got exposed.

This year is nothing more than a teaser of what is to come.  USF will have a roster full of SEC caliber players in about 5 years.  So enjoy it UCONN, Rutgers, and whoever else pulls out a win against this young and talented team (with more talent - a kicker! - coming). It's a virtual inevitability that USF will dominate the Big East.

Argue all you want. Deep down, you know it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It's a virtual inevitability that USF will dominate the Big East.

I could not disagree more.

Parity in NCAA football is at an all-time high, and doesn't figure to go away any time soon.

Going out on quite a flimsy limb to sayd USF will "dominate" anything.

• Content Count:  808

Parity in NCAA football is at an all-time high, and doesn't figure to go away any time soon.

I agree that parity is at an all time high..but don't judge college football atmospherics based on this year...which has been the weirdest year probably ever for college football.

Lots of traditional teams are having down years. Yes, there is more parity with scholarship limits and more kids wanting to go where they can play sooner. HOWEVER, there are certain things that still fall to the advantage of USF. I'd venture to say that, all things being equal, a kid from Florida (still the best recruiting state in the nation) would opt to stay in Florida over going to Connecticut or Jersey.

I firmly believe USF will be a perennial Big East challenger in the years to come.

Sorry MAB, but College Football doesn't competely change in a 2 year window.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

It took Buttgers 136 years to rush the field on an 11 year old program.

Man, we are in for good things ahead.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I agree that parity is at an all time high..but don't judge college football atmospherics based on this year...which has been the weirdest year probably ever for college football.

Lots of traditional teams are having down years. Yes, there is more parity with scholarship limits and more kids wanting to go where they can play sooner. HOWEVER, there are certain things that still fall to the advantage of USF. I'd venture to say that, all things being equal, a kid from Florida (still the best recruiting state in the nation) would opt to stay in Florida over going to Connecticut or Jersey.

I firmly believe USF will be a perennial Big East challenger in the years to come.

Sorry MAB, but College Football doesn't competely change in a 2 year window.

It's been more than two years, Griggsy.

Look at FSU just as one example.

They defined DOMINATION for their first 12 years or so in the ACC, and now they are just one of nine or ten teams in the conference who are all pretty much bunched together.

Parity has been brewing for several seasons now.

We will be competitive most every season in the Big East from here on out, but domination?

Doubt it very seriously.

Domination = several perfect seasons in a row with maybe a single loss or two thrown in there over a bunch of seasons.

You really see that happening?

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand where you're coming from Grisggsy...

Our team is pretty young and there is still some good football left to play. I can live with a 10 - 2 season this year.  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

Two weeks in a row teams see USF as a power they upset.

Only a fool would not recognize the improvement we've had since 2004.

We have 4 more regular season games to FINISH STRONG !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  104

These comparisons are irrelevant.  Rutgers has had 3 seasons in their history without a loss.  They've had many, many 1 and 2 loss seasons.  UConn went 1-A after we did.

Its absolutely ridiculous to compare pre-1A results to post-1A result.  We're better that Grambling!  Woopee!  Who cares?  Grambling isn't even trying to be the best at the top level of college football - and neither was UConn until after we started trying.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

Bullx5

???

WTF are you talking about ? 1AA ? Grambling ?

Think you posted on the wrong thread . . .  ::)

Archived