What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Library Hours on weekends

PitBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

at the expense of sounding like a huge nerd, does anyone know why the library closes at 6 pm on friday and saturday?  there times when i have a test on monday and kinda like studying friday and saturday night.. hell, even till 9pm would be cool.. that way, i can study till 9pm, or so, get home, wash up, and go out at night.. especially on gamedays when the game is at 12noon.. it would be nice to be able to head back home, nap for a bit, and get some work done for a solid 4 hours on saturday before going out.

• Content Count:  771

Hours were cut back when the state university system lost important monies that would have been allocated to keep the library open and staff more ta's. The universities priority is the ta's for classrooms and to assist the professors at the cost of cutting hours back at the library among other cuts soon to be seen.

If you feel that keeping the library open like it's times were from last year, contact Dr. Banks and express your feelings.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I HATE the new library hours. I study better as the night goes on. Closing the library at midnight sucks.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  6

Let your voice be heard.  Tell the politicians that it's not o.k. to cut education funding at the expense of other things.  Vote.

• Content Count:  2,307

Hours were cut back when the state university system lost important monies that would have been allocated to keep the library open and staff more ta's. The universities priority is the ta's for classrooms and to assist the professors at the cost of cutting hours back at the library among other cuts soon to be seen.

If you feel that keeping the library open like it's times were from last year, contact Dr. Banks and express your feelings.

I couldn't have said it better.  I love when people know the answers to stuff like this.

• Content Count:  1,260

Woah...I know I graduated a few years ago...but 6pm on a saturday?? Are you kidding me? Where do all the kids taking Organic Chemistry go...you know they're studying late hours EVERY day.....  ;)

• Content Count:  771

Let your voice be heard.  Tell the politicians that it's not o.k. to cut education funding at the expense of other things.  Vote.

Every e-mail to a politician speaks for roughly 10 people.

Every printed letter sent snail mail speaks for about 75-100 people

Every phone call to your congressman speaks for about 100-250 people

Every hand written letter speaks for 500 people.

If you have the motivation, you will take action accordingly. Below are lists of people that represent you in the Florida State Senate and House of Representatives. A simple letter and a stamp goes a very long way nowadays. Just because USF is in Tampa doesn't exclude your elected official from your home district. Let both groups know that you currently reside in Tampa, but vote in Naples, or in Ft. Lauderdale, or in Penscola. If the elected officials hear from us, things will change. It is only natural for an elected official to stay in office for as long as possible; and the 18-15yr old can have a larger change if we decide to take action- so do it.

Senate:

http://www.flsenate.gov/data/publications/general/Senate/Administrative/sdir.pdf

House of Representatives:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/sections/Documents/htmlcontainer.aspx?DocumentType=House%20Directory&DisplayTitle=House%20Directory&FileName=house%20directory.htm

Archived