• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIKE FORD CHILLIN IN UCONN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

HOPE HE RECOVERS BUT mike ford isnt a factor in usf's offense

we wont even miss him

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are problems that need to be fixed with our running game but just sticking Ford in there and changing nothing else is not the answer.

I don't think anyone is saying that, well I hope not anyway.  Well, it doesn't matter anymore.  The deficiency is there and the coaches need to fix it.  The more you take the pressure off of Grothe the more he is going to be able to carve up these defenses.

this has been a mjor problem since hall left

it isnt getting fixed this year and i doubt it will be fixed next year

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'll say it, bring on the ridicule...

The running game isn't working because Ford isn't getting more carries. There, done.

I'll even go one step further. The passing game isn't working like it should because defenses have no respect for our running game. Add to that dropped passes, turnovers, and bad playcalling, and we have a problem on offense.

Is Ford God, no. I don't even think he is Tebow. However, he is a threat. Why did Ray Rice hurt us even though we were keying on him? Because if you don't get two people on him or make a 100% perfect text book tackle, he still moves forward. A DB can tackle any of our running backs one on one except for Ford. That means you have to designate a LB to stay with him. Everyone MUST stay in their lanes.

Now, you pull a couple of LBs up, run a play action, and bam, two receivers are finding a lot of space in the secondary. Ben and Jamar have had some big runs this season, on all of them, the D was backing up to stop the pass, and they are getting some good down-field blocks (yes, by Amarri, everyone's favorite Bull to hate). Both can make people miss in space with the best of them.

Grothe is being forced to throw into 7-man secondaries. The big plays are only coming when he makes something happen with his feet and a receiver slips free. Otherwise, we are having to dump the ball off to underneath receivers, or Matt is taking off, or there is way too much pressure. Our O-line isn't that bad, but they can't hold blocks forever waiting on a receiver to break out of double coverage.

Mike Ford needs to be a bigger part of our offense. And, like Rocky said, this is my opinion, not a fact, but that is the way I see it.

Jamar has a lot of talent as well, and I love BBQ because he is the underdog. But realistically, you have to know that Ford is the best talent we have had since Andre Hall, and he could possibly end up being better if used properly.

Now, as I have said before, if something off the field is keeping him from taking over(playbook, school, attitude, etc.), I will trust the coaches with that. Otherwise, I think we will see him have a major impact next season. He will open up a whole new world for this offense.

The running game isn't working because Ford isn't getting more carries. There, done.

I'll even go one step further. The passing game isn't working like it should because defenses have no respect for our running game. Add to that dropped passes, turnovers, and bad playcalling, and we have a problem on offense.

Is Ford God, no. I don't even think he is Tebow. However, he is a threat. Why did Ray Rice hurt us even though we were keying on him? Because if you don't get two people on him or make a 100% perfect text book tackle, he still moves forward. A DB can tackle any of our running backs one on one except for Ford. That means you have to designate a LB to stay with him. Everyone MUST stay in their lanes.

Now, you pull a couple of LBs up, run a play action, and bam, two receivers are finding a lot of space in the secondary. Ben and Jamar have had some big runs this season, on all of them, the D was backing up to stop the pass, and they are getting some good down-field blocks (yes, by Amarri, everyone's favorite Bull to hate). Both can make people miss in space with the best of them.

Grothe is being forced to throw into 7-man secondaries. The big plays are only coming when he makes something happen with his feet and a receiver slips free. Otherwise, we are having to dump the ball off to underneath receivers, or Matt is taking off, or there is way too much pressure. Our O-line isn't that bad, but they can't hold blocks forever waiting on a receiver to break out of double coverage.

Mike Ford needs to be a bigger part of our offense. And, like Rocky said, this is my opinion, not a fact, but that is the way I see it.

Jamar has a lot of talent as well, and I love BBQ because he is the underdog. But realistically, you have to know that Ford is the best talent we have had since Andre Hall, and he could possibly end up being better if used properly.

Now, as I have said before, if something off the field is keeping him from taking over(playbook, school, attitude, etc.), I will trust the coaches with that. Otherwise, I think we will see him have a major impact next season. He will open up a whole new world for this offense.

taylor ripped off a great run and he gets 4 more carries

leavitt doesnt give any of the runners a chance to get any rythym

ford is hasnt produced thus far

ford is another overhyped player in a long list of other great players

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

taylor ripped off a great run and he gets 4 more carries

leavitt doesnt give any of the runners a chance to get any rythym

ford is hasnt produced thus far

ford is another overhyped player in a long list of other great players

How can you say he hasn't produced? He is averaging 5 yards per carry, and has 6TDs on the ground.

He is getting a TD 1-out-of-10 touches. Only one TD was a long run, so 5 were from inside the 3 yard line (or so), that doesn't really boost the yards per carry average.

He had one game with fumble issues, and droped on against UCF as well. Auburn was hitting him hard for 21 carries and he didn't fumble at all.

I don't know what else to say. I am a big fan of Mike Ford, and unlike the naysayers, I don't have unrealistic expectations. People who don't think he is producing must want him to be averaging 10-15 yards per carry, and scoring a TD every time he touches the ball.

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

>:(  U know  this thread started out of concern for an injured player.  Now it has ended up in a big debate on Ford vs. the other running backs vs. the OC. 

Let Mike heal in peace. 

The frustration we have for our team and the welfare we have for the team is obvious but we can't beat a dead horse.  :deadhorse  We know all the problems. How many ways and how many times can we say it.  Lets look to the future, get rid of the pessimistic attitudes and move on. All of you have good points and there are 3 sides to the coin.  Yours, their's & the middle.  It's in that thin middle where the truth lies.  So trust Leavitt that he will make the changes.  You know if Jeff Wagner had that attitude with all the illness he has battled he wouldn't be alive today.  Lets take our queue from him and have faith in Leavitt & hope for the future of this team.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

>:(  U know  this thread started out of concern for an injured player.  Now it has ended up in a big debate on Ford vs. the other running backs vs. the OC. 

Let Mike heal in peace. 

The frustration we have for our team and the welfare we have for the team is obvious but we can't beat a dead horse.   :deadhorse  We know all the problems. How many ways and how many times can we say it.  Lets look to the future, get rid of the pessimistic attitudes and move on. All of you have good points and there are 3 sides to the coin.  Yours, their's & the middle.  It's in that thin middle where the truth lies.  So trust Leavitt that he will make the changes.  You know if Jeff Wagner had that attitude with all the illness he has battled he wouldn't be alive today.  Lets take our queue from him and have faith in Leavitt & hope for the future of this team.

Dude.....

This is a FAN MESSAGE BOARD

• Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

You know if Jeff Wagner had that attitude with all the illness he has battled he wouldn't be alive today.  Lets take our queue from him and have faith in Leavitt & hope for the future of this team.

What????

Let's play...One of these is not like the other...

And to whoever said that GG has to open the playbook...He can't because it is on one page.  That's all folks.

• Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

HOPE HE RECOVERS BUT mike ford isnt a factor in usf's offense

we wont even miss him

Wow...  Just wow.  Maybe if you meant he is not a factor because we don't use him anyway I would believe you.  But then again he is still a factor even though they barely use him.

Archived