• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

MIKE FORD CHILLIN IN UCONN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

I think there are problems that need to be fixed with our running game but just sticking Ford in there and changing nothing else is not the answer.

I don't think anyone is saying that, well I hope not anyway.  Well, it doesn't matter anymore.  The deficiency is there and the coaches need to fix it.  The more you take the pressure off of Grothe the more he is going to be able to carve up these defenses.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

There will still be people screaming "PUT IN MIKE FORD" even if the man is lying in a hospital bed.

That is because he will still pound it in on the goal line and get 5 yards when we need it.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

RUSHING              GP  Att Gain Loss  Net  Avg  TD Long Avg/G

----------------------------------------------------------------

GROTHE, Matt          8  124  728  178  550  4.4  6  53  68.8

WILLIAMS, Benja      8  79  409  28  381  4.8  5  54  47.6

FORD, Mike            7  57  309  22  287  5.0  6  48  41.0

TAYLOR, Jamar        8  44  162  18  144  3.3  2  54  18.0

Ford has a 0.2 yards per rush advantage over Williams.  Add his tendency to fumble, limited playbook, and inability to block (although he is obviously working on this from last game)... and come on.  People blow this **** way out of proportion.  He is not THAT GOOD right now.  GIVE HIM TIME!

To be fair, they haven't really given Ford time to get in a rhythm.  I'm not one of the ones screaming for Ford.  He is oourr future star RB, but not as a true freshman

• Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

at this point our season would still be a huge success if we could win out, or at the very least go 3 of 4... and hopefully win our bowl. an 11-2 or 10-3 finish with a 10-15 place spot in the polls would make me extatic.

but next year is looking very, very good for our offense...  Ben, TJ and Marcus seniors (as well as Ced, who has shown flashes recently).  Grothe and Jesse juniors. the Ford, Jamar and R.Kelly sophomores, along with Mitchell, Bogan and a returning Colby Erskin.  not to mention former S. Carolina recruit OJ Murdock, who i believe will be a Jr. coming in from Pearl River.

come to think about it, the only senior skill-player on our offense this year is Amarri, and he has been anything but consistent.

4 seniors next year and two big-time juniors and alot of these mental mistakes might just be reduced.  maybe Gregory will get his **** together by then, or we'll have found an OC worth more than a 7 page playbook.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Ford has a 0.2 yards per rush advantage over Williams.  Add his tendency to fumble, limited playbook, and inability to block (although he is obviously working on this from last game)... and come on.  People blow this **** way out of proportion.  He is not THAT GOOD right now.  GIVE HIM TIME!

To be fair, they haven't really given Ford time to get in a rhythm.  I'm not one of the ones screaming for Ford.  He is oourr future star RB, but not as a true freshman

He was able to develop a rhythm at Auburn... his numbers:

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

M. Ford 21 74 3.5 1 20

And he ended up visibly exhausted.  Take out the one long run in the beginning (early, before there was any "rhythm" established), and his average drops to like 2.6 YPC, far from what most people on this board think he can do with 20 carries apparently.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

at this point our season would still be a huge success if we could win out, or at the very least go 3 of 4... and hopefully win our bowl. an 11-2 or 10-3 finish with a 10-15 place spot in the polls would make me extatic.

but next year is looking very, very good for our offense...  Ben, TJ and Marcus seniors (as well as Ced, who has shown flashes recently).  Grothe and Jesse juniors. the Ford, Jamar and R.Kelly sophomores, along with Mitchell, Bogan and a returning Colby Erskin.  not to mention former S. Carolina recruit OJ Murdock, who i believe will be a Jr. coming in from Pearl River.

come to think about it, the only senior skill-player on our offense this year is Amarri, and he has been anything but consistent.

4 seniors next year and two big-time juniors and alot of these mental mistakes might just be reduced.  maybe Gregory will get his **** together by then, or we'll have found an OC worth more than a 7 page playbook.

All of that is true, but our D takes some big hits this season. Hopefully Murph and Roberts/Gilliam/?? can step up at corner, need a nose tackle. Replacing Ben won't be easy, but we are pretty deep at LB, the talent is there, just not sure that Moffit's leadership can be replaced.

Offense will need to figure out a way to carry this team in 2008 and 2009. Talent is there, just need consistency.

• Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

M. Ford 21 74 3.5 1 20

And he ended up visibly exhausted.  Take out the one long run in the beginning (early, before there was any "rhythm" established), and his average drops to like 2.6 YPC, far from what most people on this board think he can do with 20 carries apparently.

Hehe, I'll take that 2.6 when I am at 2nd and 2 on the goal line.  Anyway, it's over.  Let it die.  I don't care if they do those shotgun draw plays to Ben Williams on every play from now on for 1 yard gains as long as they can find a way to win a few more games. 

RUSHING              GP  Att Gain Loss  Net   Avg  TD Long Avg/G

GROTHE, Matt          8  124  728  178  550   4.4   6   53  68.8

WILLIAMS, Benja       8   79  409   28  381   4.8   5   54  47.6

FORD, Mike            7   57  309   22  287   5.0   6   48  41.0

TAYLOR, Jamar         8   44  162   18  144   3.3   2   54  18.0

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

M. Ford 21 74 3.5 1 20

You do realize that he had 21 carries in that game, and was on the field for probably 23 plays. They knew when he was in the game that he was getting the ball. I don't think that Jerome Bettis in his prime would have been too stellar at the end of that one when he was getting gang tackled every time he touched the ball.

Limited play book knowledge dictated that, I am not saying he should have been in there every play, but to make that comparison without also saying how they were keying on him is slightly unfair.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Limited play book knowledge dictated that, I am not saying he should have been in there every play, but to make that comparison without also saying how they were keying on him is slightly unfair.

While we're on the subject of "limited playbook knowledge," what about Greg Gregory.

He has both a limited playbook AND limited knowledge!

Why don't we start there?

While we're on the subject of "limited playbook knowledge," what about Greg Gregory.

He has both a limited playbook AND limited knowledge!

Why don't we start there?

:ROFLMAO

Archived