• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU, Miami, or UCF? Who will we play in a bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

CFN is projecting the Gator Bowl against UVA...

Gator Bowl

Jan. 1 / 1 p.m. Jacksonville, Fla. CBS

Tie-Ins: ACC No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East/Notre Dame

Projection: Virginia vs. South Florida

http://cfn.scout.com/2/695521.html

That would be a good game.

And the Gator Bowl is where WVU played last year.

• Content Count:  2,661

If you remember two years ago, the Meineke Car Care Classic decided to wait a week and see if friggin' UCONN would get bowl-eligible (which would have required a major upset of Louisville) rather than invite a USF team that had already qualified. So I don't think we're high on their list of preferences.

If USF does play in Charlotte, it will be against an ACC team from the middle Atlantic region: Virginia, Clemson, Wake Forest, or Georgia Tech. I don't see them inviting two Florida teams, especially since none of the potential candidates has a great reputation for traveling to bowl games.

• Content Count:  695

CFN is projecting the Gator Bowl against UVA...

Gator Bowl

Jan. 1 / 1 p.m. Jacksonville, Fla. CBS

Tie-Ins: ACC No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East/Notre Dame

Projection: Virginia vs. South Florida

http://cfn.scout.com/2/695521.html

I would love it if we played in the Gator Bowl.

If you remember two years ago, the Meineke Car Care Classic decided to wait a week and see if friggin' UCONN would get bowl-eligible (which would have required a major upset of Louisville) rather than invite a USF team that had already qualified. So I don't think we're high on their list of preferences.

If USF does play in Charlotte, it will be against an ACC team from the middle Atlantic region: Virginia, Clemson, Wake Forest, or Georgia Tech. I don't see them inviting two Florida teams, especially since none of the potential candidates has a great reputation for traveling to bowl games.

The Meineke folks waited a week because it was USF's first game... and U Conn had previously gone to the Motor City bowl -- so they had a track record for traveling.

However, everything we heard while we were there was how surprised they were at the showing and how the USF fans were in town.

You're right about not playing FSU or Miami... that won't happen.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Are we bowl eligible yet?  Does the Elon game count?  Not sure how that div 1AA stuff (or whatever it is called now) counts.  I know it was an issue a couple of years back but that may have been because we had 2 opponents from that Division.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Are we bowl eligible yet?  Does the Elon game count?  Not sure how that div 1AA stuff (or whatever it is called now) counts.  I know it was an issue a couple of years back but that may have been because we had 2 opponents from that Division.

Yes & Yes. 

• Content Count:  1,457

We will see an ACC team for sure.  It will be in the Charlotte NC bowl most likely.

A distant possibility is Birmingham with a C-USA like Houston or Gator if we win out 10-2 with ACC again.

Archived