• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

anyone up for pizza

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

I'd travel to the Pizza Bowl

except for us winning and the group bbq we had the night before the game bham was awful and i hope we never have to go back there again.

agreed

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

Word... Birmingham is about 35 miles south of where I live here in Alabama.  Birmingham does have it's decent bright spots, but over there by the stadium is like is picking your poison... do I wanna be shot or do i wanna be stabbed?  That whole area just makes you feel like ya need a Tetanus shot from looking at it.  Win out.

• Content Count:  100

The order of the Bowls is relevant though:

1) BCS

2) Gator/Sun

3) Meineke

4) Papajohns.com

5) International

So, if we finish 4th, we will most likely go to the Pizza Bowl even though it is their choice.

If you look at the payouts in the table above, the programs pick up a wad more cash (750k v 300k) if they end up at the International Bowl rather than the Papajohns.com Bowl - something doesn't seem right here.

(or is the extra cash to help get the team and supporters up to Canada? ... everyone needs passports now, remember)

Jim might have done his projections already and I havent seen it, but is there any chance if we run the table(yes I know we need to worry about Cinci) that we can go to the Gator Bowl? But right now I'm not sure if we can do it, but MUCH rather have Jacksonville, Texas, Charlotte than Bham AGAIN

Gator Bowl could pick us even if we don't run the table, provided 1) we're still attractive enough to make them want totake us and 2) we don't have 2 or more fewer wins than another, non-BCS team in the conference (at which point they'd be required to take them over us). If WVU wins the conference, I can see them picking us as a more attractive team (particularly in terms of butts in seats) than UConn, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Rutgers...

Andy, LDB has it here... it's possible without running the table.  However, I am willing to bet Texas will get this bid over USF or even Rutgers.  Some of it depends on what happens in the ACC, but a Texas - VaTech match up might be interesting.

The order of the Bowls is relevant though:

1) BCS

2) Gator/Sun

3) Meineke

4) Papajohns.com

5) International

So, if we finish 4th, we will most likely go to the Pizza Bowl even though it is their choice.

If you look at the payouts in the table above, the programs pick up a wad more cash (750k v 300k) if they end up at the International Bowl rather than the Papajohns.com Bowl - something doesn't seem right here.

(or is the extra cash to help get the team and supporters up to Canada? ... everyone needs passports now, remember)

I think... and I could be wrong... but I think the Big East doesn't work that way...

From what I remember, all of the money for the bowl games are pooled together and then shared via a formula that gives more money to teams based on their records...

• Content Count:  635

made a pizza from scratch for lunch earlier today. it was awesome.

• Content Count:  100

Jim: you're right, had no idea about that... found this at http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm

"The Big East pays schools that make a bowl game on a tiered basis, with a BCS game worth $2.4 million, the second bowl $1.6 million, the third $1.3 million and the fourth and fifth $1.1 million. "We just take all our bowl money, put it together, and we distribute it fairly," said associate commissioner Nick Carparelli, adding that the league wants to make sure schools can cover their expenses."

• Content Count:  400

if we win out, any chance at the Sun Bowl?  i'd love to face a pac10 team like USC.

• Content Count:  1,479

Jim might have done his projections already and I havent seen it, but is there any chance if we run the table(yes I know we need to worry about Cinci) that we can go to the Gator Bowl? But right now I'm not sure if we can do it, but MUCH rather have Jacksonville, Texas, Charlotte than Bham AGAIN

Gator Bowl could pick us even if we don't run the table, provided 1) we're still attractive enough to make them want totake us and 2) we don't have 2 or more fewer wins than another, non-BCS team in the conference (at which point they'd be required to take them over us). If WVU wins the conference, I can see them picking us as a more attractive team (particularly in terms of butts in seats) than UConn, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Rutgers...

Andy, LDB has it here... it's possible without running the table.  However, I am willing to bet Texas will get this bid over USF or even Rutgers.  Some of it depends on what happens in the ACC, but a Texas - VaTech match up might be interesting.

Thanks guys, I guess I'm thinking 10-2 is the only way they would find us as an attractive enough team.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

...Thanks guys, I guess I'm thinking 10-2 is the only way they would find us as an attractive enough team.

I'd say that's a true statement. Remember, there's more to win-n-loss records when it comes to these bowls,

which is why there's so much wiggle room built into the selection process. It's all about putting on a $ucce$$ful

week of marketing, hotel management and making sure the TV ratings are what we expect.  8)

Archived