What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Will administration stepup?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Ok we all know and have known that our assistant coach's are underpaid.

This past yr we got lucky IMO as wvu hired away rod smith.

We also got lucky with canales and mccarney. However, dan will most likely get a head coaching job and canales will probably get a good offer somewhere else as well.

I know we are going to bump our pool for assistants up each yr but t seems like it would be a wise investment to hurry up that process.

Get some better coach's in here on the offensive side of the ball. Look the more wins and better bowls will bring in more revenue for the university and should cover the added expense of increasing the pool for assistants.

Don't tell me it can't be done because as soon as we thought we were going to lose CJL his salary was bumped up to 1MM per yr.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,024
  • Days Won:  6

The budget is tight even though I know that isn't what you want to hear.  The pool gets bigger every year but some of that money went to CJL because we deemed him the most necessary.  Our football program is not a moneymaker like at UF, FSU, UMiami.  Ath. dept. would surely accept donations from any willing Bulls fan.

The budget is tight even though I know that isn't what you want to hear.  The pool gets bigger every year but some of that money went to CJL because we deemed him the most necessary.  Our football program is not a moneymaker like at UF, FSU, UMiami.  Ath. dept. would surely accept donations from any willing Bulls fan.

of course he was and is the most necessary.

However, if you don't think assistants are important think back to uconn 2005 & 2007 games

i say with a good OC we win both of those games.

Also, both of those games would have kept us alive for shots at a BCS game and more $$$ for the athletic dept

of course he was and is the most necessary.

However, if you don't think assistants are important think back to uconn 2005 & 2007 games

i say with a good OC we win both of those games.

Also, both of those games would have kept us alive for shots at a BCS game and more $$$ for the athletic dept

Completely agree on all counts.  I think that good assistants are absolutely crucial... ESPECIALLY because CJL is not an offensive guy.  He needs someone who can run an offense semi-independently and do well IMHO.  Would also like to see a special teams coach but we all know that isn't gonna happen.  I've personally never understood the need for a TE coach since we rarely use TE (aside from the recent Ced Hill sightings).

• Content Count:  282

The Ath Dept. gets more money the better we do.  The University gets more free advertising and recognition the better we do.  Just look at the financial benefits of this year alone.

!!! The only way that we can achieve Florida and Miami type dollars and success is to have assistants to CJL that are head and shoulders better than Gregory.

So come on alumni and Judy!  Let's step up, raise the money and get the coaches that we need and send Gregory back to high school where he belongs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  36,880
  • Days Won:  28

...  Ath. dept. would surely accept donations from any willing Bulls fan.

Will more fans "step up" ?

For the record, I don't vote for a coaching change.

Go BULLS !!!

while more fans need to step up with donations don't pin it all on them. There have been a ton more tickets sold this season and the administration has stated that applications for incoming students will be up due to the publicity. merchandise sales have been up and we have recieved extra $$$ for getting non conf games on espn

the school put in a 7 yr plan (for assistants) with the thought process of it taking longer for us to get where we did this yr.

time to step it up and finish strong

• Content Count:  1,370

Franks will probably be gone after the season as well. He'd be a bigger loss than McCarney b/c he's also the recruiting coordinator. I hope he doesn't go. If he does, I wonder if Leavitt would bring back LeRoy Ryals in that case.

while more fans need to step up with donations don't pin it all on them. There have been a ton more tickets sold this season and the administration has stated that applications for incoming students will be up due to the publicity. merchandise sales have been up and we have recieved extra $$$ for getting non conf games on espn

the school put in a 7 yr plan (for assistants) with the thought process of it taking longer for us to get where we did this yr.

time to step it up and finish strong

Hopefully those extra sales and such can help the football team and athletic department reduce their burden on the university financially.  Don't know if you follow politics, school admin., and that stuff, but the lot of the state universities budgets are taking a hit this year.  There can be no expectation of the football team's budget going up any more than it was already planned to.

Applications will be up but for the first time there are talks of capping enrollment.  Hopefully the increase in enrollment will lead to higher academic standards at USF, which benefit us all.  I'm not one that runs around screaming that football takes money and attention from academics, but you can't expect football team to get more money where everyone else is getting less.

Archived