• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guys who Mr. Leavitt should be on the phone with after our bowl game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Was just discussing, get your checkbooks out, maybe we can get a special teams coach.

correct let the wr coach coach the TE's as well. And hire a ST coach because Leavitt is not getting the job done with ST's.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

A FG Kickwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  282

The lost to UCONN was not the OC's fault. He does not cause players to have false starts, holding penalties and dropped passes.  Although I think Grothe is over used.

Believe it or don't, yes the coaches do address penalties and how to avoid them.  They stress mental focus and go over and over the plays and game situations so that the guys can feel the rhythm of the plays, their execution and the timing of the snap so that they will not jump or do anything based on timing.  They also address mental mistakes due to emotion so that personal fouls are contained and if a player can't control his emotions he quickly finds himself on the bench as a counter-productive player. 

So yes, the coaches do address penalties and player performance and do hold themselves responsible.  That concept would actually serve as a good definition for the word 'coach'. 

That said I fully agree that they lay WAY too much on Matt Grothe for the execution and success of our offense.  As wonderful as Matt is (let me say 'wonderful about him again  ;D) our offense should be the kind that not only he but our backup QBs should be able to successfully execute should something happen to him.  That is certainly an area where our offensive coaches are letting us down.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

This is all you need to consider.....

Any time you find yourself rooting for broken plays, the offensive game plan just flat-out sucks.

Game after game, our best chance for moving the chains are on broken plays where Grothe spins out of sacks, rolls out, and either throws on the run or scrambles for big chunks of yardage.

Where fans of most teams hold their breath during these types of plays, we have to hold our breath when a typical handoff or dropback pass play is unfolding.

The offense is broke..........fix it.

Gregory = One & Done

• Content Count:  695

Here come all the skeptics, we're fine we had a couple of bad games. Yes we could have better assistant coaches, but the money isn't going to be spent that way most likely so if we got rid of our current group we would just have more cheap guys coming in and then the guys would have to learn a new system, we just need to stick with what we got. You guys accuse me of being a fairweather fan, but i'm the only one it seems who hasn't been going crazy the last 2 weeks.

We're having a rough patch but it's okay, UConn will hopefully collapse before they can get to where we were and we can still say we were the quickest 1A team to get to national prominence (UConn's a year older anyway). We're still in our developing stage, we also got a huge target on our back and had to go on the road. When we beat Auburn we were still non-ranked, it's tough to win on the road as a ranked team with a huge target on your back. Just ask USC in 2004 and 2005, look at all the close games they had. When your top 10 your targeted, the Bulls will learn how to deal with it in time. I'm still happy with a 9-3 or 10-2 regular season, just hope the bowls somewhere close by. I've always wanted to visit Texas though, the Sun Bowl would give me the opportunity to do that but El Paso's really far I doubt I could drive there and I don't want to buy a rental car those are expensive.

Hopefully we rebound, get lots of help, and win the Big East.

Archived