• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

re: Punting & Kickers from the State of Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

No doubt  Delbert has a super strong leg, but I'd prefer a guy who was money from 38 yards and in. 

Delbert has no touch with his punting either, ever notice he rarely has touch on his punts.  I think our coaches are to into the "Strong Leg". 

Both Auburn and UCONN have kickers from the state of Florida who are excellent. 

I find it hard to believe with all of the soccer players in the area and other kickers playing for programs around the country we can't we find a kicker who is at least accurate on the short kicks ala Santiago Grammatica.  Santiago had no leg, but was very accurate. 

I can rip it 280 yards most of the time, but I'm not accurate of the tee.  I would prefer a guy who hit's it 250 down the middle every time.  Get my point.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

we have one of the most accurate kickers in the state coming in next year.  he should challenge for the starting sport right away.  someone told me he kicked a 58 yarder as a FRESHMAN in highschool.

• Content Count:  1,370

Mike Benzer was a really accurate kicker at Lyman HS... Hope you're right though and that the guy coming in can get it done and be consistent.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

A kicker's HS performance means very little.

Some SUPERSTAR high school kickers have turned out to be nothing at the next level.

Delbert Alvarado comes to mind.

Alvarado was recruited as a punter, not a field goal kicker.

• Content Count:  635

having gone to high school with Alvarado and having watched most of his games in HS, i can certainly qualify that he was no superstar kicker.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

From his profile at gousfbulls.com:

ROBINSON HIGH SCHOOL: First team all-county in Tampa Tribune and St. Petersburg Times...Ranked 44th best player in Tampa Bay area by St. Petersburg Times...3 of 5 on field goals, including a school-record 47-yard effort...Added 58 PATs for 67 points to lead all kickers in Hillsborough County...In addition to kicking and punting for Robinson High, he played trombone in the Marching Band... As a junior he was 5 of 7 on field goals and had a 40.5 punt average...63 of 64 on PATs that year...Second team all-state as a junior punter

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I do not believe you are correct about that, because he came in with Ilia Petrov who was supposed to be the punter of the two.

Both of them have worked out splendidly to this point.  ::)

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I do not believe you are correct about that, because he came in with Ilia Petrov who was supposed to be the punter of the two.

They were both punters originally

Alvarado was recruited as a punter. I know that for a fact.

Archived