What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Mo Plancher

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,054
  • Days Won:  2

Anybody know why we decided to put him in at the end of the game with the game on the line? I wanna see him come back from the torn ACL and have a successful career at USF as much as anybody else, but why is a guy who has had 2 carries all year while bouncing back from an ACL tear getting those carries in a situation like that?

• Content Count:  6,509
  • Days Won:  2

I also question why he was in there.  We don't know what he can do, but that was not the time to see it.!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  18,337
  • Days Won:  36

that is Carl Franks call-- with Mike Ford hurt, Moises was the guy who came in for that specific formation.

please stop calling our coaches morons-- it shows very little respect for the team that you were so giddy about when they were #2 and 6-0

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

yeah when i saw that i was like WOW... what are we thinking. I think ben moffit would of had better sucess then planchar in that situation

• Content Count:  3,024
  • Days Won:  6

My thought (I am not saying it was the right call)... was that they did not want to move Taylor and Williams because they had blocked so well on that play the previous times we have run it.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

that is Carl Franks call-- with Mike Ford hurt, Moises was the guy who came in for that specific formation.

please stop calling our coaches morons-- it shows very little respect for the team that you were so giddy about when they were #2 and 6-0

Personnel at RB is Carl Franks call.  A little communication between the coaches and awarenesss of the situation would certainly have been in order at that point.  No reason, even with Ford hurt to not put Kelly or Cannon in to block and let Taylor or Williams run the ball.  If you can't go with your strength in that important situation you go to another formation or play call.

• Content Count:  15,955
  • Days Won:  12

Personnel at RB is Carl Franks call.  A little communication between the coaches and awarenesss of the situation would certainly have been in order at that point.  No reason, even with Ford hurt to not put Kelly or Cannon in to block and let Taylor or Williams run the ball.  If you can't go with your strength in that important situation you go to another formation or play call.

whose call was it to give him the ball?

• Content Count:  9,657
  • Days Won:  9

Didn't know Ford got hurt, but it makes sense to have Plancher in then.  He's the next guy in line.  I'm OK with him getting the ball from the 2 to try to score.  It just didn't happen.  I absolutely hated the 3rd down call and that essentially took us out of any realistic TD chance.  But 2nd Down, I'm Ok with that one.

• Content Count:  4,449
  • Days Won:  0

I agree JoeB, the naked boot is a second down call but I'd preferred play action with Matt rolling out with a rec'r on the goaline and the the end line.  That give Matt three options - two throws or run it in.

• Content Count:  9,657
  • Days Won:  9

I've actually been lobbying for the naked boot by MG, but not in that formation.  It needs to be from the I Formation for it to be effective.  With 3 guys in the backfield, the DE has to stay at home because there is a 33% chance its coming his way.  In the I Formation on a running down, the I back gets the ball in that situation about 80% of the time.  With MG's ability to make people miss I like giving him more room to operate.  I'd also liked to see a TE in the vacinity so he could have thrown it away if he got in trouble (which we all agree, he was).

Archived