• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Grothe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

A lot of people came down hard on MG after what they saw as a mistake at the end of the game last night.  With that aside...

Matt is a ******' warrior.  I will go to war with that kid any day of the week.  He fights as hard as anyone and I would not want anyone else representing my team with the game on the line.  He picked us up on his shoulders and carried us **** close to a win in a game that had zero positives for us until he took control.

In Grothe we trust.

Go Bulls

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

That was not Matt's fault. It was the fault of the OC that should not even be calling games for a Pop Warner team.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

A lot of people came down hard on MG after what they saw as a mistake at the end of the game last night.  With that aside...

Matt is a ******' warrior.  I will go to war with that kid any day of the week.  He fights as hard as anyone and I would not want anyone else representing my team with the game on the line.  He picked us up on his shoulders and carried us **** close to a win in a game that had zero positives for us until he took control.

In Grothe we trust.

Go Bulls

I compare Grothe to someone like Brett Favre(no flames, just listen).  Brett makes great plays, but also makes mistakes.  But in the end the great plays win you games.  What you can't have is they players around you making mistake after mistake.  When Grothe throws you a perfect ball, it can't bounce off your chest in the end zone.  We can deal with MG's mistakes, as they are offset by fantastic plays. can't deal with all the errors around him.

• Content Count:  1,894

True I can care less about his mistakes because he is just a college qb,he is human,and he isn't perfect. He has made our team who we are and without him we are nothing. I don't see how anyone could come down hard on someone who had to run a naked bootleg probably knowing in his head he wasn't going anywhere. The kid got us everything. I mean he is MATT GROTHE give me a break man,search youtube on our qb and he is a human highlight reel. Have some faith. Go hard at the areas of the team we are struggling not our only hope if are team isn't playing well.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Well said.

Matt Grothe has so much heart and is such a competor, I would not want anyone else leading the team.  Sure he makes mistakes, but his great plays outshine any of them.  If the rest of the team played like he does we would still be up there at #2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626

On those plays, MG only runs what Gregory calls.  He is constantly salvaging bad play calling, nothing he could do on that one when he turns around and there are 2 huge guys in his face. He will be a Heisman candidate for real either next year or in 2009.

• Content Count:  8,174

That was not Matt's fault. It was the fault of the OC that should not even be calling games for a Pop Warner team.

thats basically what i said to my dad... when gregory called that naked bootleg i stood up and yelled "you MIGHT be able to pull that off in pop warner, obviously they are going to contain!"

anyone who has played football on defense AT ALL knows the most BASIC skill of containment, it is drilled into your head the second you step on the field. Thhere was NO way that play would have worked in that situation. Gregory is a JOKE.

• Content Count:  1,894

TRUE.TRUE.TRUE. I said it in my other post. We run that play either direction,and grothe is a runner. That play only works with a qb like brohm who noone expects the naked bootleg. Its an obsurd play lol just thinking of it. THE NAKED BOOTLEG.

• Content Count:  4,738

TRUE.TRUE.TRUE. I said it in my other post. We run that play either direction,and grothe is a runner. That play only works with a qb like brohm who noone expects the naked bootleg. Its an obsurd play lol just thinking of it. THE NAKED BOOTLEG.

They had two guys on contain.  IF you call that play you better have a TE on a route.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

he was flustered, if anything he shouldve thrown it away or taken the sack at the 5.  But without him, lets say Gregory was starting, we would've gotten shut out and lost by more, no other quaterback could've lead a comeback like that.  he is a great football player.

Archived