What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Cincinnati fan checking in

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

Good luck next Saturday.  Both teams have been less than spectacular the last 2 games and are both looking to turn things back around.

Feel free to check in at our board.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=404

• Content Count:  635

pretty important game for both teams. after starting hot and having poor performances, someone has to move on from this with a win. not sure what to expect.

Nope, not making this one.  I live in CT and flew to Cincinnati for the Oregon State game and drove down for the game at Rutgers.  I have used all the road trips my wife will let me for this year.

Wish I could go, I love Tampa.  I spent a year in Orlando when the Navy base was still open.  I made a lot of trips to Tampa during that time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  18,378
  • Days Won:  36

they have a Navy base in Orlando?

I don't get it

they have a Navy base in Orlando?

I don't get it

They used to have boot camp there as well as a training command.  I was there for nuclear power school.  It was shut down about 9 years ago.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  4,443
  • Days Won:  10

Both teams have some losses and it will be our homecoming.  The pressure is off and I hope the boys just go out to have fun.  I bet if they relax a little they will do better.  It is a whole different game when you are trying to protect a high ranking.  Mayber we will return to enjoying the game, loosen up, and have fun.

Both teams have some losses and it will be our homecoming.  The pressure is off and I hope the boys just go out to have fun.  I bet if they relax a little they will do better.  It is a whole different game when you are trying to protect a high ranking.  Mayber we will return to enjoying the game, loosen up, and have fun.

We are hoping for the same thing.  I think it should be a good game.  We match up well.

• Content Count:  6,653
  • Days Won:  18

Went to the same bootcamp, NF"A"S, and Nuclear Field Power Schoo in 1993 and 1994l. Ended up on the USS ARCHERFISH SSN 678 and USS AUGUSTA SSN 710.

Hey subflea... we're going to rumble with you on the field and then rumble in the torpedo room and give you a Bulls beatdown... better grab your boat because the USS AUGUSTA SSN 710 will always be for the University of South Florida. Went back for a decomissioning reunion two weeks ago in rotten Groton. Some of the sailors that were on the boat when I got off in 1999 said they tracked USF's progress in football weekly in the radio announcements and sports news on the passageways when I was playing there. That is sub loyalty...

Welcome to our board Nuke... Ended up in the cone on the IC/ET side of the fence (gotta love Power School). I don't know if I would trade the experience or the friendships in, but I would definitely not want to do six years all over.

FWIW... I had an ET1(SS) Kimes that was on the Augusta with me end up at USF in 2003. Pretty crazy to say the least. We both walked with Finance degrees and took the same classes reminiscing about what the hell we were thinking.

Go Bulls!! Dive, Dive!!

OK, first of all, I am not a nuke, I also ended up in the cone world.  I was a week 24 drop from power school, everything but the comp.  I am an A-Ganger now. When you were up here did you go to SubVets?  My wife is the Bar Manager there.

Right now I am teaching at SubSchool, but currently have orders to the Alexandria.

Archived