• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Ford vs. Jamar Taylor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't figured out Taylor, some plays he breaks them for long runs, others he gets stopped for losses.  That's my only explanation for Taylor not seeing the ball. BW usually gets back to the line of scrimmage but Taylor isn't as consistent.

Taylor was also the 2nd RB in High School, so I have to wonder how that has effected his early college career.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

I haven't figured out Taylor, some plays he breaks them for long runs, others he gets stopped for losses.  That's my only explanation for Taylor not seeing the ball. BW usually gets back to the line of scrimmage but Taylor isn't as consistent.

Taylor was also the 2nd RB in High School, so I have to wonder how that has effected his early college career.

Reality is these two RB's(and the team as a whole is a year---or two) from peaking.  If we limit the mistakes in the coming years we will be great.  just sucks we could have had it this year.  hopefully we will finish strong.

• Content Count:  1,633

First, Taylor wasn't really the 2nd RB in high school. He played FB in a true option system, and still got about 40% of the carries.

Second, he had 53 yards on his first carry, then something like -3 on his next 4 carries. This isnt good.

I still think a lot of the poor rb play and passing plays have a lot to do with the lack of an O-line.

It is a different makeshift group every week, and for those guys it must be hard to find any sort of consistency when you are playing multiple positions on the line in a single game.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

our oline has taken soooooo many hits this year, and players are having to leave their natural positions to play other ones to fill holes.  its just been real hard for the line to gel.  either way, a qb rushing 26 times or whatever it was with such talent in the backfield is beyond stupid imo.  if matt gets hurt, our season more than likely folds.  he should be running the ball about 10 times a game, ford 20, taylor 10, ben williams never unless he comes out of the backfield to catch a pass which hes actually suprisingly good at.

• Content Count:  2,478

I would love to see a split between the spread offense and a two back system. With those two backs getting some expierience they could really change the pace by giving us a consistent running game and take some of the load off of Grothe.

• Content Count:  176

Concerning Ford i get the feeling coach j.l. might be seeing a guy who won't make it in school, i have no idea just a feeling. Woulld love to see this kid make  it in life and football.Hope i am wrong

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

I have heard nothing regarding Ford not being a long term help to the USF running game.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

well, it seems as if everyone is saying that Ford isnt getting the ball a lot because he is a freshman and still learning the playbook, etc.. has anyone ever thought about the fact that Jamar Taylor is in the same position?  Why does he [taylor] get a healthy dose of carries in our games, but Ford doesnt?  is this the whole Jim Leavitt doghouse thing playing out again?

also, if the coaching staff knew Ford was far from being ready this season, shouldn't they have just redshirted him and used this year to get him caught up to speed, both with the playbook and the conditioning?  i'm assuming they would take a P.R. hit by doing such a move, but to me, not giving him the ball attracting the same kind of criticism.

i would have ran taylor wild after his big run

he got only 4 more carries

ford is all hype

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf's offense demands grothe gets most carries and as a result usf will lose games they should win

• Content Count:  4,738

ford is all hype

shortsighted and wrong

Archived