• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No refs, no fumblerooskie's, no excuses...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Did CHill actually hold?

yes although it wasn't a huge hold-- it was at the point of attack and a valid call imo

I have to disagree Mike.  I have watched that play a couple of times and I cannot see the hold.  Just my opinion.  we just can't seem to catch the breaks that got us to 6-0.

You really think that one holding call lost us the game?  C'mon man.  As talented as we are, the team never should have let the game depend on one play like that.  If we make even one of he two field goals, dont end drives with false starts, and stop them on defense with simple tackling techniques taught in pee wee football, we are milking the clock at that point with a comfortable lead. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

even after all the mistakes, if we had a kicker worth a crap then the score would have been 22-21 on our last possession and we'd only of needed a field goal to win. if he is the kicker next year we will lose a couple games due to him

• Content Count:  635

even after all the mistakes, if we had a kicker worth a crap then the score would have been 22-21 on our last possession and we'd only of needed a field goal to win.

if

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

We're doomed!

Rain will destroy us!!! :lol :moon

We're doomed!

Rain will destroy us!!! :lol :moon

great insight :hippy

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Did CHill actually hold?

yes although it wasn't a huge hold-- it was at the point of attack and a valid call imo

I have to disagree Mike.  I have watched that play a couple of times and I cannot see the hold.  Just my opinion.  we just can't seem to catch the breaks that got us to 6-0.

Watch one more replay.  Ced's right hand has a fistful of jersey.  If that happens anywhere else they don't call it but as Mike said it was at the point of attack.  I would have made the same call as it likely made the difference on the TD.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

How long has our kicking game been so bad again?  Has it been 2 or three years?  At one time I remember that inside the 20  was at least 3 points.  Maybe that was just a dream :(

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Jenkins is a cover corner, get over it.  He's not out there to lead the team in tackles.  The facemask grab on Rice was at a part of the field where it didn't even matter.  They got like 4 extra yards if that.  The problem wasn't Jenks, it was the gaping whole Rice ran through.  Get your priorities straight.  His tackles aren't pretty, but normally he's the last guy between the runner and the endzone.  As long as he brings them down, thats what is important.

Jenkins is a cover corner, get over it.  He's not out there to lead the team in tackles.  The facemask grab on Rice was at a part of the field where it didn't even matter.  They got like 4 extra yards if that.  The problem wasn't Jenks, it was the gaping whole Rice ran through.  Get your priorities straight.  His tackles aren't pretty, but normally he's the last guy between the runner and the endzone.  As long as he brings them down, thats what is important.

no need to tackle, huh? I hope he doesn't get drafted by a team that uses the cover 2.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

USiF.

Come on.  We lost two road games in a tough conference.  We got too full of ourselves, and didn't play for six quarters.  Read the quotes from last night.  Stuff from the players about how ESPN didn't believe they were good.  Well now we've proven them right.  Time to get the heads on straight and prove it again.

10-2 is still very achievable.  Would you rather have the roster from that school up the road?

Archived