• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Okay What's wrong?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone ever look at the spersonnel we have here before commenting?  Can someone please give me an example of another team in the top 25 that plays 5 freshman, a sophomore QB.  Because of injuries i counted 7 freshman in on 2 plays together.  We still moved the ball for over 450 yards.  Still some things to work out, no doubt, but stop the nonsense about firing an OC because of 1 or 2 bad decisions.  Experience does make a difference.  This offense is similar in a lot of ways to the defense we had in '04.  All talented but very young. They aren't far away.  Should we have fired burnham after 2004?  i don't think so.

Good idea... look who is playing the game for us!

We have major injuries keeping many of our major players out.  THAT is why we are getting rusty... our WRs are hurt, parts of our O-line are hurt, our RB is now hurt, etc etc etc... I understand that backups should be able to perform, but like usfgrad84 said... they are all new!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

stop the nonsense about firing an OC because of 1 or 2 bad decisions.  

Although there are a few fans here basing their opinions on a single play or two, some of us have cited his gameplanning over the course of all eight games.

He has been overmatched and outcoached in almost every contest this season......including ELON.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

They didn't come out strong and looked like a high school team the first half

Our D is....well not our D

The team just didn't look pumped or excited

I don't get it, what has changed? ???

coaching

lack of motivation

no running game

stupid play calling

kids are screwing around with crowd instead of focusing on the game-coaching again

lack of discipline

no field goal kicker but we still attempt to kick field goals

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Although there are a few fans here basing their opinions on a single play or two, some of us have cited his gameplanning over the course of all eight games.

He has been overmatched and outcoached in almost every contest this season......including ELON.

Have you forwarded these concerns to Coach Leavitt? I'm sure he would appreciate your diligence in this matter. Where most fans just watch games to cheer on their team, it's rare that one would take the time to actually break down game film and grade the coaching. It must be a great burden. While we common fans are reveling in a win, you have the unenviable task of going through tape and seeing where we should have done better .... and then having to break the news to us, the unenlightened. I, for one, although I mock at times, appreciate this self sacrifice. I salute you. :clap

Hopefully Eric, or someone from the administration, will bring your exausting work to CJL's attention.

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

The announcers pointed out early we were taunting their fans, dancing to the music, etc. while Conn looked like blue-collar workers - or something like that. 

Heard this as well. I took this as a bad omen..

• Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

The announcers pointed out early we were taunting their fans, dancing to the music, etc. while Conn looked like blue-collar workers - or something like that. 

Yep.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Not just a bad omen but a horrible one.  Shows our boys are still bought into the hype.  News flash guys, you've lost two straight games against un(or barely)ranked teams.  Check the egos at the door and let's get down to business.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Have you forwarded these concerns to Coach Leavitt? I'm sure he would appreciate your diligence in this matter. Where most fans just watch games to cheer on their team, it's rare that one would take the time to actually break down game film and grade the coaching. It must be a great burden. While we common fans are reveling in a win, you have the unenviable task of going through tape and seeing where we should have done better .... and then having to break the news to us, the unenlightened. I, for one, although I mock at times, appreciate this self sacrifice. I salute you. :clap

Hopefully Eric, or someone from the administration, will bring your exausting work to CJL's attention.

Let's hope so, yes.

I hate to see these posts after a loss because you didn't see these posts when we were 6 and 0. 

First of all, you're wrong about that.

You may not see very many posts talking about negatives after our wins, but that is for one simple reason:

There are a handful of members on this site that thrash and slash anyone who brings up critical observations about our team, ESPECIALLY AFTER A WIN.

The age old refrain is something to the effect of, "You idiot.  We just won another game, and all you can do is nit pick and criticize?  Enjoy the win and quit (four letter word)-ing."

::)

So that's why you don't see too many of those posts after a win.

There are a few brave souls (such as myself) who write posts about both the good and the bad even after our wins.

Go back and look at some of the threads after our wins.

I've been saying Gregory was a poor hire since Elon.

i have posted before and after vast majority of games since this board has been up

Does anyone ever look at the spersonnel we have here before commenting?  Can someone please give me an example of another team in the top 25 that plays 5 freshman, a sophomore QB.  Because of injuries i counted 7 freshman in on 2 plays together.  We still moved the ball for over 450 yards.  Still some things to work out, no doubt, but stop the nonsense about firing an OC because of 1 or 2 bad decisions.  Experience does make a difference.  This offense is similar in a lot of ways to the defense we had in '04.  All talented but very young. They aren't far away.  Should we have fired burnham after 2004?  i don't think so.

Good idea... look who is playing the game for us!

We have major injuries keeping many of our major players out.  THAT is why we are getting rusty... our WRs are hurt, parts of our O-line are hurt, our RB is now hurt, etc etc etc... I understand that backups should be able to perform, but like usfgrad84 said... they are all new!

everyone has injuries

Archived