• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Okay What's wrong?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  0

Bulliever, I hoped that we got over that being cocky thing after the RU game.  I missed the part where the announcers pointed that out.  How could they be cocky after RU.  They didn't play well there either and they came out playing the worst I have seen them play in years.  It really is the most frustrating thing to see our team that showed it can play on an elite level lose games for stupid reasons like being too cocky and making dumb mistakes on the field.  Everything for a magical season was there and still is there but if we keep playing like this, this will be a season to forget.

That's coaching as far as I'm concerned.  Act like you belong there and take care of business.  There is no reason a player should be interacting with another teams crowd... I don't care what team it is.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  108

We obviously play much better at home b/c we feed off the crowd.  I don't think we're as good a road team as we were early in the season, if that makes sense.  We were up for Auburn and got out of there with a W, barely beat FAU (trap game) and lost 2 conference games we had a chance to win but didn't b/c we played poorly.  We need to get our mojo back or we'll end up playing a bowl game in El Paso or Toronto.

• Content Count:  104

Bulliever, I hoped that we got over that being cocky thing after the RU game.  I missed the part where the announcers pointed that out.  How could they be cocky after RU.  They didn't play well there either and they came out playing the worst I have seen them play in years.  It really is the most frustrating thing to see our team that showed it can play on an elite level lose games for stupid reasons like being too cocky and making dumb mistakes on the field.  Everything for a magical season was there and still is there but if we keep playing like this, this will be a season to forget.

That's coaching as far as I'm concerned.  Act like you belong there and take care of business.  There is no reason a player should be interacting with another teams crowd... I don't care what team it is.

The coaches haven't had the team - especially the defense - fired up and ready to play since the UCF game.  Its like we left all we had for the season on the field that day.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Lack of execution, plain and simple:

1) How many more dropped passes is it going to take to make Leavitt maybe change his recruiting? We had the same issues under Dawsey, and we continue to have them under Canales. I think it may be that we're recruiting athletes like A. Jackson, who run like gazelles but have hands of stone.

2) Stupid penalties have always been our achilles heel, and they did us in again.

3) Although the defensive ends did a great job, what happened to our DT's? Dixon was running through some massive holes.

What's good? Our recruiting will only get better, and I'm hoping more alumni step up to the plate to donate. Our o-line gave Grothe time to throw, and this is a completely patch-work offensive line that has held up. Keep those heads up Bulls Fans, we're still ranked and can still make some noise.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I hate to see these posts after a loss because you didn't see these posts when we were 6 and 0. 

First of all, you're wrong about that.

You may not see very many posts talking about negatives after our wins, but that is for one simple reason:

There are a handful of members on this site that thrash and slash anyone who brings up critical observations about our team, ESPECIALLY AFTER A WIN.

The age old refrain is something to the effect of, "You idiot.  We just won another game, and all you can do is nit pick and criticize?  Enjoy the win and quit (four letter word)-ing."

::)

So that's why you don't see too many of those posts after a win.

There are a few brave souls (such as myself) who write posts about both the good and the bad even after our wins.

Go back and look at some of the threads after our wins.

I've been saying Gregory was a poor hire since Elon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Brilliant ..... after his first game, a game against a 1-AA program, a game a week before playing at Auburn, a game NO OC would come out and try to show anything, YOU already had Gregory a bust ..... just brilliant .... and you wonder why people meet your criticzing posts with derision.

:pick

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Brilliant ..... after his first game, a game against a 1-AA program, a game a week before playing at Auburn, a game NO OC would come out and try to show anything, YOU already had Gregory a bust ..... just brilliant .... and you wonder why people meet your criticzing posts with derision.

:D

Yeah.......we SQUEAKED by Elon just so Gregory could keep it close to the vest.

:D :D

Funny........his playcalling & gameplanning have looked......IDENTICAL for the seven subsequent contests.

Wanna' try that again, TripleB?

:Flossing :shhh

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Funny........his playcalling & gameplanning have looked......IDENTICAL for the seven subsequent contests.

You mean the the seven subsequent contests where we won five, including 2 against top 20 teams? As has already been pointed out to you Lombardi wannabes, it's been the execution of the offense that has been mostly responsible for any shortcomings. Has Gregory made some mistakes in play calling? Of course he has, but what OC hasn't .... bottom line, the plays have been there for us to be 8-0, the players didn't play up to their potential in those losses. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Does anyone ever look at the spersonnel we have here before commenting?  Can someone please give me an example of another team in the top 25 that plays 5 freshman, a sophomore QB.  Because of injuries i counted 7 freshman in on 2 plays together.  We still moved the ball for over 450 yards.  Still some things to work out, no doubt, but stop the nonsense about firing an OC because of 1 or 2 bad decisions.  Experience does make a difference.  This offense is similar in a lot of ways to the defense we had in '04.  All talented but very young. They aren't far away.  Should we have fired burnham after 2004?  i don't think so.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You mean the the seven subsequent contests where we won five, including 2 against top 20 teams? As has already been pointed out to you Lombardi wannabes, it's been the execution of the offense that has been mostly responsible for any shortcomings. Has Gregory made some mistakes in play calling? Of course he has, but what OC hasn't .... bottom line, the plays have been there for us to be 8-0, the players didn't play up to their potential in those losses. 

Dude......quit busting on our players.

They're just kids, man.

Do you think you could do better?

Maybe you should suit up and go out there.

They play their hearts out.

(and so on, with the typical crappy rebuttals I hear when I criticize players)

Archived