• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay What's wrong?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

They didn't come out strong and looked like a high school team the first half

Our D is....well not our D

The team just didn't look pumped or excited

I don't get it, what has changed? ???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635

well, they're playing like the Bulls of old, frankly. inexplicable penalties and drops and errors of judgment and playcalling.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I think we are caught up in ourselves....I don't know what else it could be.  The announcers pointed out early we were taunting their fans, dancing to the music, etc. while Conn looked like blue-collar workers - or something like that.  Maybe we lost some fire?  I don't know.  My humble opinion is we always play as if the moment is not now, but later.  The defense bends but doesn't break.  It sets the offense up to do something, but typically that has not been much.  I was disappointed with the QB play (oh my!) and our inability to exploit the Conn secondary.  It was there for the picking.  terrible loss...maybe another ( >:() wake-up call?

• Content Count:  5

It happens guys. Keep your head up and move on. WVU was in the same position last year, NC hopes, going into a home game against some no name team USF ruined their dreams. Yet they still went to the Gator Bowl and had a successful season.

The big east is a good conference, and anyone can beat anyone. I don't think WVU can run the table (and i'm a wvu fan). I worry that Cincy and Uconn are the dark horses in this conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Our D is not as good as we think we are.  Take away the turnovers against Auburn and WV and we are a 4-4 team.  We give up way too many yards to be a great D.  Without the turnovers we are average at best.  I understand that takeaways are part of playing D, but at some point you need to make a stop on 3rd and 10.

Our O-line is mediocre and the running game is non existent.

But we will be there at every home game supporting our Bulls and make as many away games as possible.  We just aren't nearly as good as we thought we were.

Bulliever, I hoped that we got over that being cocky thing after the RU game.  I missed the part where the announcers pointed that out.  How could they be cocky after RU.  They didn't play well there either and they came out playing the worst I have seen them play in years.  It really is the most frustrating thing to see our team that showed it can play on an elite level lose games for stupid reasons like being too cocky and making dumb mistakes on the field.  Everything for a magical season was there and still is there but if we keep playing like this, this will be a season to forget.

Our D is not as good as we think we are.  Take away the turnovers against Auburn and WV and we are a 4-4 team.  We give up way too many yards to be a great D.  Without the turnovers we are average at best.  I understand that takeaways are part of playing D, but at some point you need to make a stop on 3rd and 10.

But we will be there at every home game supporting our Bulls and make as many away games as possible.  We just aren't nearly as good as we thought we were.

I don't agree.  I think we are a good team.  Not the 2nd best team in the nation, but I truly believe that we are a top 10 team this year.  It takes pressure to make turnovers and that is what we did.  Sure things broke our way sometimes, but that is part of football.  We took enough advantage of it to win those games (not as much as we should of perhaps).  And for the record our win over WVU was solid and I can say the same for AU if we took advantage, but we didn't.  We are a much better team than what has been shown on the field the past two games.  I hate to see these posts after a loss because you didn't see these posts when we were 6 and 0. 

One last note, does any of us remember the days where going to a bowl game was a big deal and here we are, some of us saying the world is ending because we lost 2 games. Its funny how things change so fast.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

play calling.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

I don't agree.  I think we are a good team.  Not the 2nd best team in the nation, but I truly believe that we are a top 10 team this year.  It takes pressure to make turnovers and that is what we did.  Sure things broke our way sometimes, but that is part of football.  We took enough advantage of it to win those games (not as much as we should of perhaps).  And for the record our win over WVU was solid and I can say the same for AU if we took advantage, but we didn't.  We are a much better team than what has been shown on the field the past two games.  I hate to see these posts after a loss because you didn't see these posts when we were 6 and 0. 

One last note, does any of us remember the days where going to a bowl game was a big deal and here we are, some of us saying the world is ending because we lost 2 games. Its funny how things change so fast.

Actually I did point out some of our weaknesses after some wins and was ignored.  And how can you be "better than we showed on the field"?  That's where they play isn't it?  I can and did make the argument previously that our not taking advantage of the turnovers was a weakness.  WV game we gave up 400+ yards, correct?  Without the turnovers (I remember a bad snap when the new QB came in down near the 10) I can't say we dominated.  I'm not the type to argue but the Subject was "Okay What's wrong?"  Just my opinion as to what's wrong. 

And some teams just seem to play better against other teams.  For some reason we can stop White and Slaton but not Rice.  WV has beaten RU 13 times now???  That's crazy.  Last year the backup QB for WV won the game for them.  Just one of those things.  We don't "own" WV but have managed to win twice in a row.  Louisville V USF seems to be a "home" thing as does UConn.  Can't figure this game out but until we can win games like Rutgers and UConn we won't be considered an elite team. 

• Content Count:  117

play calling.

How simplistic! Its far more complicated than that.

Archived