• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Everyone off the bandwagon... It's been a great season with lots to come!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,812
  • Days Won:  22

The reality is that we have a good team but not great. We MUST brin our "A" game to win any game. Our start of 6-0 showed that.

We beat  good Auburn and West Virginia  teams with hard play and won close games.

The game at FAU warned us that we could NOT win an away game against a good team unless we brought our best game.

That showed at Rutgers and at UConn. Even as bad at executing as we have on those two games they could had gone our way. At the end of the day we are 3-2 in close games, should they had been close? Some probably no, but its obvious that our team is still not good enough to go away and play half ass and win.

Im dissapointed because at 6-0 we all got caught up in our #2 ranking,NC talk and BCS Bowl. But the reality is that this team until it can play better away from home is not there yet and was overrated. But I still think this team is our best and should end up in top 25.

Im not off the band wagon because I ve been on it since the start and his is NOT a year flash in the pan but a LONG TERM groowth of our program.

So Ill be there saturday rooting USF on to try to make it 10-2 and ranked in top 20 because these are stepping stones for our program.

You want better coaches, better players, BCS Bowls etc. Then you STAY on the band wagon thats what makes top BCS NC programs not teams that half the base screams the world is coming to an end and flees for the hills when adversity hits.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Agree Cuban.

This season isn't nearly over and we are much better than we were last year(we're 6-2 and have a Top 25 Ranking) ... and I EXPECT we'll be better in 2008.

Beat Cincy !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

i must have high expectations, because i expected a BCS bowl this year.

• Content Count:  6,812
  • Days Won:  22

Its OK to have HIGH expectations. Winning the Big East and going to a BCS bowl yearly should be our goals every year.

But the reality is that it is also the goal of ALL the Big East teams, so it will not happen every year.

Are we the most talented team in the Big East? I would say right now we are not, Should we had beaten UConn? yes.

The whole argument is what do you as a fan do when those expectaions are not met? Do you whine,cry and jump off the wagon, or do you suffer, move on and continue to support your team.

Here is a little hint, we are still looking at a possible 10-2 (5-2) season that with the right breaks give us still a shot at a BE title and the best bowl we have had. We wont do it playing like we did at RU and UConn but we could if we play like we have been doing at home.

• Content Count:  635

i whine and cry and stay a fan. i've never jumped on a bandwagon, but i've suffered mightily through every loss, since i expect a win in every single game. even against Arkansas and Oklahoma.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

6-2 seemed reasonable at thispoint in the season although I doubt most of us would have predicted the losses they way they turned out

Also-- at this point in the year, we seem like a different team due to various injuries that have had some impact -- wearing the team down quite a bit. We need to get our Oline healthy, somehow. Not that this is an excuse-- but it sure seems to have been a factor in both losses imo -- we gave up all those sacks in the Rutgers game after Walter Walker went down. I suppose there were some adjustments we could have made-- whatever-- the point is that this is a typical type of thing that happens to the higher ranked teams.

And what it really shows us is the importance of DEPTH on a football team.

hope we can pull out of this funk and get a win back at home.

• Content Count:  574

I am a die hard Devil Rays fan. (Soon to be just Rays with some ugly blue uni's)  There are zero bandwagon jumping tendancies in my body.  ;D

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  282

6-2 seemed reasonable at thispoint in the season although I doubt most of us would have predicted the losses they way they turned out

Also-- at this point in the year, we seem like a different team due to various injuries that have had some impact -- wearing the team down quite a bit. We need to get our Oline healthy, somehow. Not that this is an excuse-- but it sure seems to have been a factor in both losses imo -- we gave up all those sacks in the Rutgers game after Walter Walker went down. I suppose there were some adjustments we could have made-- whatever-- the point is that this is a typical type of thing that happens to the higher ranked teams.

And what it really shows us is the importance of DEPTH on a football team.

hope we can pull out of this funk and get a win back at home.

Mike, you make an excellent point.  When we played Alabama a few years ago we hung with them in the first half and then got pummeled in the second half because we lacked their depth.

So now this year we are winning great victories but down the stretch we are dropping games because injuries are taking their toll and we still have not reached the level of depth of a truly big (Florida, Florida State, Miami, Alabama, Auburn, ad infinitum) program to be able to lose starting players and not miss a beat. 

Hopefully with the recruits that we might pick up because of recent success we can begin to achieve this and still win games down the stretch that we are losing now.

Hey, guys, just trying to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, y'know?

• Content Count:  4,738

i whine and cry and stay a fan. i've never jumped on a bandwagon, but i've suffered mightily through every loss, since i expect a win in every single game. even against Arkansas and Oklahoma.

you were on USF's bandwagon

hard to tell ::)

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

we  are 1-2 in big east

the year is slowing turning into a disaster

usf should be beating uconn in football every year

same problems-special teams,no running game,receivers that cant catch or run routes

Archived