What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Misery deserves company... At least UF lost...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

Our offensive coordinator and special teams coaches have flat out embarrassed us.  Both units were terrible and there is really no excuse.

• Content Count:  1,260

Is it possible that we've lost to UConn twice at UConn in the last three years...

I think what bothers me the most is that in consecutive weeks, we KNEW what the opposing gameplan was going to be...and yet we still could not slow it down. 2 consecutive 100 yard days by RB's....mostly up the middle. Combine that with bad fundamentals....not wrapping up on tackles, and a general lack of focus (penalties). Obviously, it's just frustrating.

• Content Count:  385

Is it possible that we've lost to UConn twice at UConn in the last three years...

It really did remind me of 05...My hate for Rod Smith reached a new high after that game, and coincidentally my hate for Greg Gregory has peaked.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

It really did remind me of 05...My hate for Rod Smith reached a new high after that game, and coincidentally my hate for Greg Gregory has peaked.

F...ing ditto.  We're doomed to irrelevance without a decent offensive coordinator.  Greg Gregory is not that guy.  If not for the athleticism of USF QB and others it would have been much worse than it was.  Coaching is failing us in the clutch folks and if you can't see that, then get some glasses.

• Content Count:  695

But two weeks ago if I said anything bad about the coaching staff I would have been written off as some bitter Gators fan who was only going to USF because I didn't get into UF.

We need to spend more money on our assistant coaches, right now the assistant coaches are hardly making any money at all so why would a good assistant coach take a pay cut to coach for a team that is basically still an upstart?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  91,082
  • Days Won:  378

F...ing ditto.  We're doomed to irrelevance without a decent offensive coordinator.  Greg Gregory is not that guy.  If not for the athleticism of USF QB and others it would have been much worse than it was.  Coaching is failing us in the clutch folks and if you can't see that, then get some glasses.

I'm not so sure I agree....we struggled int he first half badly..i have not looked at stats, or gotten a fresh second-look at the game, but it seemed to me (I'll duck nbow) that MG ran too much.  It seemed the UConn defense is built for the run and MG kept trying.  I know the weather was bad in the early going, but I think we waited to long to attack in the air.  The second half we decided to exploit their pass coverage D and beat them easily.  I don't know if it is the OC or the run first mentality that did us in.  It just seemed to me (despite the running TD) we were better when MG established a pass attack.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  125

Why is everyone so depressed about this loss?!?!  We get to play in the Papajohns.com bowl two years straight.  Seriously, how many teams have that honor?  And if we win...Papajohns.com bowl champs two years in a row!!!  WOOOO!!!  Get fired up!!!

• Content Count:  341

Half the teams that played today lost.  Just throwin it out there.

thanks for pointing out something that happens every week ass

Archived