• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins (I got censored) --maybe next time he'll turn and run from the RB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

lol we were 6-0.mike was doing just fine.....no complaints mikey.....we lose a few...and he is the worst player. get a clue. First of all he is a corner and he doesn't get thrown to his side much. He has been getting ******** pass interference penalties against him lately and he is not the reason we lost three. We couldnt stop the run. He has a pretty tough job being a lock down corner he doesn't just stand 10 yards off the wr every play. He works hard. Know football!!!!!!!!!!!!,Mike jenkins is our best athlete on the field at all times. He didn't lay the wood every time??? corners rarely do....safeties hit the crap out of people he is worried about deflecting and intercepting passes.  A good cornerback can usually be counted on to stay with a receiver in one-on-one coverage. Id say he handles that part of his job. Ray rice is easy to take down too I forgot you tackled him real well. If he went after him hed of got ran over like the rest of the team his stiff arm kept selvie away. Lets be realistic here and know that he has done a great job for us. He is not the scapegoat.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

I never questioned his cover skills, or whether or not he was "our best athlete."  Simply that he chose not to step up and make a tackle when the time came.  I guess other people on this board don't know football either, because it seems like others agree.  That being said, he stepped up and made plays this week.

He didn't lay the wood every time???

Know what your talking about!!!! I never said he needed to lay the wood.  I didn't know making a tackle meant "laying the wood.

he is the worst player.

The worst player?  I said that?  No.  Quite the opposite.  I was critical of him because he is so talented, that we shouldn't see plays like this.

Ray rice is easy to take down too I forgot you tackled him real well. If he went after him hed of got ran over like the rest of the team his stiff arm kept selvie away.

Since when does a football player decide whether or not to make a play based on the chance of getting "ran over."  And please don't try to bring up the stiff arm on Selvie.  It tells me you werent really watching.  That stiff arm was on Selvie after he fought off a hold/block and was way off balance.  You knew that though, since you "know football."

I never faulted him for a loss.

Nice posts Mr. Johnny come lately.  You respond to a thread after I said he stepped up his game this week as if I questioned every facet of his game.  The only thing I questioned was his tackling, and since "he is the greatest athlete on the field at all times" I would expect him to make a better effort at tackling.

first of all to the other people who you used in your defense, i referred only to the person who posted this dumb topic. HE DID NOT BACK AWAY FROM THE TACKLE because he didn't want to make the tackle when the time came stupidddd reason.He used what he thought would defend the touchdown..like i said again UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYER or any player.....As far as laying the wood,IT WAS in reference the people who complained about his other tackles where he used his shoulders or "nudged" instead of really tackling them,so get your facts right there is more than just what you said. If you knew football then you'd know since he is a corner he and he has to get a running back at full speed his tackling might not be what he would do if he was in the position to tackle with correctly and not chasing him down from the side.  To the person who said we shouldn't see plays like this?,what is this....nfl nobodies perfect, it was a decision he made at the time. Im sick of people complaining about college athletes like they know everything. Like you spoke to him and he told you..yea i was afriad to go after him....I dont like hitting....I'm a sissy..WHICH IS WHAT YALL PEOPLE WERE ACCUSING HIM OF WETHER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID OR NOT...get your stuff straight...ILL SAY IT AGAIN...WHEN WE WIN....WE CELEBRATE AS A TEAM....WHEN WE LOSE....we point out individuals....and mike jenkins got pointed out. For what! being our realible corner who does his job and did his job on the play in question. Someone called him a pansy..and a poor tackler....Well our team was poor tacklers I didn't hear leavitt say wow mike jenkins has to do a better job there....mike jenkins is a corner back who has to help tackle on plays....help..why when we lose do you point this out,Im sure he has done other things when we were winning.Every player has done something wrong in the eyes of fans who love to criticize..Why don't you bash selvie now for not getting sacks.He must be playing lazy.Stop calling football players pansies when they PLAY FOOTBALL, and WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?!?!....I love everyone on our team and aside from cjl and coaching has to get better to help our play like they are capable of...I wont be the guy coming on here saying about how bad players are playing or they suck...only coaches with decisions....ex. I love ben williams..but ford should be in the game

• Content Count:  1,457

Mike... Do you really understand football? Mike will be getting paid next year... it is not necessary to lay a big hit on every play. Check what happens to you when you do... See Andre Waters for instance. His pension for knocking people out led to his untimely passing. RIP Andre... Mike... keep playing your game!!!

I'm not asking him to knock people's heads off... but damnit quick backpedalling when people run at you.

Totally agree.  I saw the backpedal, and also saw that he thinks that the runner will go down if he nudges them rather than wrapping them up.  Pathetic.

Absolutely true, He puts his hands on his hips after any big play against him.

Yall are just dumb,...look at alot of players put their hands on their hips,take off the microscope glasses and shut up..if he would of went straight at him and not backpeddled and something else would of happened and he scored. Then you forget that he went after him and say he is a terrible tackler and he let him score. Instead of realizing he stopped the td on that play when he had a guy blocking him. I really don't think yall know much about football.

first of all to the other people who you used in your defense, i referred only to the person who posted this dumb topic. HE DID NOT BACK AWAY FROM THE TACKLE because he didn't want to make the tackle when the time came stupidddd reason.He used what he thought would defend the touchdown..like i said again UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYER or any player.....As far as laying the wood,IT WAS in reference the people who complained about his other tackles where he used his shoulders or "nudged" instead of really tackling them,so get your facts right there is more than just what you said. If you knew football then you'd know since he is a corner he and he has to get a running back at full speed his tackling might not be what he would do if he was in the position to tackle with correctly and not chasing him down from the side.  To the person who said we shouldn't see plays like this?,what is this....nfl nobodies perfect, it was a decision he made at the time. Im sick of people complaining about college athletes like they know everything. Like you spoke to him and he told you..yea i was afriad to go after him....I dont like hitting....I'm a sissy..WHICH IS WHAT YALL PEOPLE WERE ACCUSING HIM OF WETHER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID OR NOT...get your stuff straight...ILL SAY IT AGAIN...WHEN WE WIN....WE CELEBRATE AS A TEAM....WHEN WE LOSE....we point out individuals....and mike jenkins got pointed out. For what! being our realible corner who does his job and did his job on the play in question. Someone called him a pansy..and a poor tackler....Well our team was poor tacklers I didn't hear leavitt say wow mike jenkins has to do a better job there....mike jenkins is a corner back who has to help tackle on plays....help..why when we lose do you point this out,Im sure he has done other things when we were winning.Every player has done something wrong in the eyes of fans who love to criticize..Why don't you bash selvie now for not getting sacks.He must be playing lazy.Stop calling football players pansies when they PLAY FOOTBALL, and WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?!?!....I love everyone on our team and aside from cjl and coaching has to get better to help our play like they are capable of...I wont be the guy coming on here saying about how bad players are playing or they suck...only coaches with decisions....ex. I love ben williams..but ford should be in the game

call me when you can express yourself in a concise manner.

Too long? Take the time to read it. Then call me when you know something about football. Whats your next post??

let me guess...

Selvie(i got censored)-- Maybe next time he won't get pancaked and get a sack!

Give me a break.

You don't know what your talking about, and clearly by your response to me just then you got nothing to say. I hope you realize when your wrong. I'm officially done with this post. Comment whatever you want back. I won't deal with someone who is ignorant to football.

Yall are just dumb,...look at alot of players put their hands on their hips,take off the microscope glasses and shut up..if he would of went straight at him and not backpeddled and something else would of happened and he scored. Then you forget that he went after him and say he is a terrible tackler and he let him score. Instead of realizing he stopped the td on that play when he had a guy blocking him. I really don't think yall know much about football.

Take off the rose colored glasses....up until the Cinci game he decided he didn't want to tackle.  Mike Jenkins is a great corner but he isn't above criticism.  He wasn't tackling.  And last time I checked if you;re on that side of the ball it is always one of your responsibilities.

Archived