• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins (I got censored) --maybe next time he'll turn and run from the RB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Did yall watch the same play I did?

He backed off because if he hadnt, the RB was gonna take it to the house. Had he charged in, the blocker(s) would've taken him out of the play and the RB wouldve been up the sideline and gone. He had to wait on "help" to arrive, in the form of LBs and DBs...

It's kind of like a DE keeping contain, and forcing the RB/QB into the middle of the line, so the other defenders can make the tackle.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

He backed off because if he hadnt, the RB was gonna take it to the house. Had he charged in, the blocker(s) would've taken him out of the play and the RB wouldve been up the sideline and gone. He had to wait on "help" to arrive, in the form of LBs and DBs...

It's kind of like a DE keeping contain, and forcing the RB/QB into the middle of the line, so the other defenders can make the tackle.

That is not the play I was talking about.  I understand why he was backpedaling on Dixon, although once it was clear he had help I would have rather him stepped up.

That is not the play I was talking about.  I understand why he was backpedaling on Dixon, although once it was clear he had help I would have rather him stepped up.

Ok, good.

As far as Mike Jenkins in general, I dont see him "avoiding" the big hit. More often than not, he's lowering his head and delivering the big hit.

So I dont know what yall are looking at...

I could care less about the "big hit".  I just want to see fundamental tackling.  Maybe we are watching different games but Jenkins has ABSOLUTELY been avoiding any sort of contact these past couple games.  I understand that he is looking forward to the NFL but it would be nice if his teammates would snap him back to reality for a few weeks.  This is especially true if he's gonna revert back to freshman year and go back to faceguarding wideouts.  Guarantee he gets attacked by opposing teams in the next couple weeks to see if something is wrong with him.  Maybe he is hurt, I don't know.  Better heal up by L-Ville because if he won't even tackle a WR then, it will be a long day.

He isnt the best tackler, but I'd say the same thing about both starting safeties. The ONLY player in the defensive backfield that doesnt always go for the "big hit" is Trae Williams. The other 3 have a terrible habit of tackling with their shoulder pads.

I see everyone comparing Jenkins to Deion, and it's just not correct. Jenkins loves to hit people....he doesnt shy away. That's my argument here. He's not afraid of contact..........at ALL.

He isnt the best tackler, but I'd say the same thing about both starting safeties. The ONLY player in the defensive backfield that doesnt always go for the "big hit" is Trae Williams. The other 3 have a terrible habit of tackling with their shoulder pads.

I see everyone comparing Jenkins to Deion, and it's just not correct. Jenkins loves to hit people....he doesnt shy away. That's my argument here. He's not afraid of contact..........at ALL.

Recently, he really truly has been shying away from hits... this is a post from a thread during the game:

"That play (3:40 in the 3rd) where he just kind of pawed at the guy but refused to tackle him is the last straw.  His ego is too big for this team anymore.  Ugh."

Do you have the replay still?  Go to that play (I think it was a few seconds before 3:40).  It was downright inexcusable.  He was shying away from contact... for what reason I don't know.

I deleted it off my dvr yesterday........damnit.

What does his ego have to do with anything? Do you(or anyone else) know him personally? That sounds like an unfair generalization...

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

who cares about next year?  the nfl?

these guys need to perform this year

• Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  2

For what it is worth, I have thought that Jenkin's hasn't tackled for the past 2 years.  I have seen SEVERAL occasions where he either backs up or he doesn't wrap up and just tries to hit them with his pad.  He is a sorry tackler and will not play at the next level because of it.

For what it is worth, I have thought that Jenkin's hasn't tackled for the past 2 years.  I have seen SEVERAL occasions where he either backs up or he doesn't wrap up and just tries to hit them with his pad.  He is a sorry tackler and will not play at the next level because of it.

He'll play at the next level because he is so incredibly gifted physically.  Just wish he would make the plays when we need him to here.

Archived