• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time for Bowden to retire?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

he made fsu.  he gets to decide when to go.

Yup.... but for FSU fans, I hope he doesn't wait too long before deciding.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

he made fsu.  he gets to decide when to go.

WHAT! Granted the guy has history there but you're telling me they (peope upstairs) would rather have him than a winning team? So traditions are more important than winning or at least trying to win?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

When your time is up, when your number is called, when the leaves fall off the tree...they have palces for peopel like him. Fields of green, cool breeze...the pasture. Thanks for everything...good-bye. Grandpa isn't exactly needing the money...he just can't let go.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

WHAT! Granted the guy has history there but you're telling me they (peope upstairs) would rather have him than a winning team?

They've had a winning team since 1977 ..... When they stop having winning teams, there may be an argument .... but I still think there's no way that Bobby doesn't go out on his own terms and that's the way it SHOULD be.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

So traditions are more important than winning or at least trying to win?

Duh... that's why we will never be a part of the big 3

• Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

Well, things certainly must feel a little different now at FSU after the upset of Boston College. Hands down this was Bowden's biggest win since the '99 national championship. They even showed a stat that it was FSU's first road win over a top 5 team since that year. Obviously Jimbo Fisher has to get a ton of credit for his playcalling and having Drew Weatherford execute the plays almost to a tee in a difficult environment. I think Fisher really made a statement about being a good candidate to replace Bowden at some point. The team has done better since the OC has been roaming the sidelines rather than upstairs.

Archived