What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Pansies to the east are at it again..... IDIOTS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,891
  • Days Won:  0

Paul Zeise: I'm not sure what the exact reason is but this school has been a pain in the behind for Pitt to try and schedule these games with so you'd hope, unless they get a new administration down there, that this series will never be renewed. It was originally signed as a 2-for-1, then UCF kept playing games with the dates, finally got Pitt to agree to go down there first and is now trying to back away from the agreement. Perhaps they want an easier game or perhaps they have a money game they want to schedule but either way, Pitt should not let them out of it because as we've seen in the past, it will create a void that will likely be filled by another inferior opponent.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07298/828486-233.stm

UCF trying to get out of 2008 Pitt game. They are pissing off another Big East team. Do they think that this action will help them down the road to get into the Big East?

ucIf another day, another idiot move.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Don't know why pitt would want to get out of it...  I bet the odds would be in their favor.

• Content Count:  1,911

They're not going to get a much easier BCS game than Pitt. If they keep this kind of stuff up they're not going to make any friends and scheduling will suffer accordingly.

• Content Count:  5,160
  • Days Won:  2

wow.  that's so stupid it's astonishing.  UCF is just not ready for BCS football in any capacity--- its talent, coaches, AD, personnel, etc. just don't know what they're doing.

i'm not a fan of either team, but Pitt and UCF would be a pretty good game.  it's a team UCF has a shot at beating, from a conference UCF wants to get into, and they're trying to play around with the deal? who do they want to play instead?  Duke? Pitt is a BCS team they have a shot at, that would also bring some respect to their program if they could pull 2 out of the 3.

what are they thinking??

• Content Count:  7,950
  • Days Won:  20

wow.  that's so stupid it's astonishing.  UCF is just not ready for BCS football in any capacity--- its talent, coaches, AD, personnel, etc. just don't know what they're doing.

i'm not a fan of either team, but Pitt and UCF would be a pretty good game.  it's a team UCF has a shot at beating, from a conference UCF wants to get into, and they're trying to play around with the deal? who do they want to play instead?  Duke? Pitt is a BCS team they have a shot at, that would also bring some respect to their program if they could pull 2 out of the 3.

what are they thinking??

Ummm.... Pitt was 6-6 last year and laid 50 on them.  At the Citrus Dump.  On National TV.  Pitt will be a much better team next year.

• Content Count:  1,238

Don't know why pitt would want to get out of it...   I bet the odds would be in their favor.

I think it's ucIF that wants out. Afraid of Pitt maybe. Who knows? I really don't care either way. Just another reminder that they have no clue as to which way they're going. Planning ahead is the way to go, USF has proven this. Their wishful thinking will get them no where. That's what you get from folks living in la-la land. Too much time "wishing upon a star".

As Kyle stated earlier, they're not making any friends with decisions like this.

Ummm.... Pitt was 6-6 last year and laid 50 on them.  At the Citrus Dump.  On National TV.  Pitt will be a much better team next year.

what does last year have to do with next year?

In fairness to the Knights they scheduled a ton of games from their Indy days of which some remain to be played.  I wonder if the Pitt series is one of them?  

I know that their new staff and administration keep saying no more 2-1 deals or 1 and done pay games (Texas being an exception as they opened the stadium), but I do not know how many BCS teams would give them 1-1 deals like NC State did.  If they cancel games they will find it hard to schedule decent opponents as most BCS programs will not schedule a C-USA team on even terms absent extenuating circumstances.

what does last year have to do with next year?

Just wondering what you base the opinion that UCF has a chance of winning.  I mean anyone can beat anyone on a given Saturday, but I see no basis to believe that UCF could win.

i base it on the fact that neither team are consistently good or consistently bad.

Pitt was hot the first half of the season last year when they played UCF. Palko was a quality Sr. QB. LaRod Stephens had a monster game.  then they stepped into an elevator shaft and fell off the face of the earth.

UCF is the same way.  they can play Texas down to the wire, or they can get spanked off the field by USF.

if they don't have a shot at Pitt, they might as well pack it up and ship back down to FCS.

Archived