• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we have a 7th Home Game in 2009 ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

Sept.  5  Wofford

Sept. 19 FIU

Sept. 26 Miami

Oct.  9 at Indiana

And if the conference keeps the same system, we'll have 3 Conf. Home Games.

Still have one open date ... sure we are working on a name series, but if nothing ... after next year's season ends ... and if attendance continues to avg over 50K, we may just try to land another non-BCS team.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

I would imagine a seventh home game in 2009 or 2010.  Any home and home would do that.

If Bulls get can get 2 for 1 from some non-BCS schools, then why not a seventh home game both years?  Considering BCS status, the scheduling of one I-AA home game each year, and unlikely scheduling of big money road games, Bulls should have a seventh home at least every other year, if not every season.

I would think that schools would want to increase their exposure in Florida, a hotbed for recruiting.  As for USF, why not schedule games with schools near Big East schools.  For example, playing Buffalo would complement Syracuse.  Maybe we could land a recruit or two from Western NY.  Ohio based MAC teams would be a good fit with Cincinnati.  I think the Bulls should pursue 2 for 1 or maybe 3 for 2 series with those schools.  As long we’re playing a Big East Conference schedule, Miami, and another BCS team the SOS shouldn’t suffer.

Just my two cents on scheduling.

• Content Count:  6,928

I would imagine a seventh home game in 2009 or 2010.  Any home and home would do that.

If Bulls get can get 2 for 1 from some non-BCS schools, then why not a seventh home game both years?  Considering BCS status, the scheduling of one I-AA home game each year, and unlikely scheduling of big money road games, Bulls should have a seventh home at least every other year, if not every season.

I would think that schools would want to increase their exposure in Florida, a hotbed for recruiting.  As for USF, why not schedule games with schools near Big East schools.  For example, playing Buffalo would complement Syracuse.  Maybe we could land a recruit or two from Western NY.  Ohio based MAC teams would be a good fit with Cincinnati.  I think the Bulls should pursue 2 for 1 or maybe 3 for 2 series with those schools.  As long we’re playing a Big East Conference schedule, Miami, and another BCS team the SOS shouldn’t suffer.

Hey maybe the clowns from Mickey's college to the east would like a 2 for 1 deal?  >:D

• Content Count:  1,219

Hey maybe the clowns from Mickey's college to the east would like a 2 for 1 deal?  >:D

Make 'em beg for it!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

2 for 1?

• Content Count:  624

Sept.  5  Wofford

Sept. 19 FIU

Sept. 26 Miami

Oct.  9 at Indiana

And if the conference keeps the same system, we'll have 3 Conf. Home Games.

Still have one open date ... sure we are working on a name series, but if nothing ... after next year's season ends ... and if attendance continues to avg over 50K, we may just try to land another non-BCS team.

Go BULLS !!!

What would the 7th home game be? I only count 6 (3 non-conf and 3 conf). I guess you are saying that the game TBA will be a home game.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A no-star kid hiding around the lake or in the panhandle is better than all but the very best NY recruit. 

• Content Count:  2,478

I wouldn't mind playing FSU, then we would have played every football team in the state.

• Content Count:  308

The FIRST game of 2009 seems to be the most intriguing....

Wofford beat Appalachian State

after Appalachian had upset Michigan,

later Michigan beat Northwestern

then Northwestern beat Michigan State

who in turn beat Pitt.

Pitt surprised Rutgers

who then upset South Florida.

So who's better?  Wofford or USF?

Looking further into it,

USF opened with a win over Elon,

but later on Elon beat Wofford,

so I guess it's impossible to determine who is better..

so now the football world awaits the 2009 Wofford at USF game to settle it once and for all.

From,

Rich

B.A, Wofford College

M.B.A., University of South Florida

• Content Count:  849

The FIRST game of 2009 seems to be the most intriguing....

Wofford beat Appalachian State

after Appalachian had upset Michigan,

later Michigan beat Northwestern

then Northwestern beat Michigan State

who in turn beat Pitt.

Pitt surprised Rutgers

who then upset South Florida.

So who's better?  Wofford or USF?

Looking further into it,

USF opened with a win over Elon,

but later on Elon beat Wofford,

so I guess it's impossible to determine who is better..

so now the football world awaits the 2009 Wofford at USF game to settle it once and for all.

From,

Rich

B.A, Wofford College

M.B.A., University of South Florida

Pitt didn't beat Rutgers, so your logic is severely flawed

Archived