• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lame

USF Colby

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Out of curiosity, but where did you go to high school?  I went to HS in Pasco County and we were lucky if we got 3 weeks off, I can remember recently it's hovered around 2.5 weeks.  23 days is a gift.

Just for comparison, I go to Saint Leo University and exams end Dec. 13 and classes start back up Jan. 15.  It really just depends on how the calendar falls, sometimes you'll get a favorable break, and sometimes it's not.  Just don't assume until the official calendar is decided.  Usually universities post academic calendars for the next year about this time, check usf.edu.  I know Saint Leo has their 08-09 calendar already posted.

Tarpon High, technically we would only have 18 days but I always got to exempt my exams so i'd get 2 extra days of break and I would usually skip the Monday and Tuesday before the exams because the grades were usually done and stuff plus that weekend so i'd end up with 18 plus 6 extra days so actually i'd have 24 which is more than college.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Dude is there anything you dont ***** about

Oh the angst of youth... :D

• Content Count:  695

Yeah you guys are right I shouldn't complain about what will basically ammount to 2 weeks after I take out the umpire thing and Orange Bowl. Even if I worked every day for 2 weeks i'd probably get maybe 7 or 8 hundred dollars at most which wont help me much in the long run. Plus to get hired i'd prob. have to go through some kinda orientation and get drug tests so by the time I actually got hired break would be almost over and I don't think they'd be thrilled with me taking a week off for umpire camp and then 3 or 4 more days to go to USF's bowl game plus making 800 dollars would essentially just replenish what I lost going to camp and the football game I wouldn't gain any extra money really.

If it was a month and a half like I expected i'd have like a month to work, and still be able to do the 2 things I plan on doing over winter break and over that month if I worked full time I could make a couple thousand.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah you guys are right I shouldn't complain about what will basically ammount to 2 weeks after I take out the umpire thing and Orange Bowl. Even if I worked every day for 2 weeks i'd probably get maybe 7 or 8 hundred dollars at most which wont help me much in the long run. Plus to get hired i'd prob. have to go through some kinda orientation and get drug tests so by the time I actually got hired break would be almost over and I don't think they'd be thrilled with me taking a week off for umpire camp and then 3 or 4 more days to go to USF's bowl game plus making 800 dollars would essentially just replenish what I lost going to camp and the football game I wouldn't gain any extra money really.

If it was a month and a half like I expected i'd have like a month to work, and still be able to do the 2 things I plan on doing over winter break and over that month if I worked full time I could make a couple thousand.

You cant work and go to School at the same time?

• Content Count:  4,738

I'm not gonna drop out, it's just this whole time i've just assumed i'm going to get at least a month off and haven't worried about it and now I have seen that I basically get the same break as high schoolers. Every other institution in the state has a longer break it seems.

Did you assume that when schedule came out 6 months ago?

• Content Count:  280

A month and a half?!?! WTF?

I'm pretty sure the winter break has been the same for years, certainly since I've been attending USF. Are you sure about UF's being longer? if so, they must have recently changed it because I remember my friends at UF all having shorter breaks than us in the past.

And compared to high school...I think I used to get two weeks tops.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Dude is there anything you dont ***** about

On that note, Colby just give us a post every day about what you're not pissed about.  Whether it is the hot girl next to you who no longer takls to you about football, or your decision to drop out of school so you can have 365 straight days of vacation, just give us the good thoughts every day.  Thanks.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,511

...Exams end December 14th, we're back in class January 7th so I get a total of 23 days which is absolute crap.

Yeah...that is a real heart breaker. Couple that with summers and holidays off...man...that'd make you suicidal.

On the other hand, once you graduate you'll get the same 23 days - spread over the course of a year, though, so it's not so traumatic having it all at once.

Enjoy your 'crap' while it lasts. :satan

He better not apply at my employer, because I would not recommend a complainy-pants like him to even work as a janitor.  :P

• Content Count:  2,118

Sounds like this dude needs to grow up and take it like a man. Just work and go to school, trust me it is not that hard. I worked 40hr weeks and took anywhere from 16-18 credit hours per semester.

Archived