• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lame

USF Colby

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Probably doesn't belong here but i'm pissed USF has such a short winter break. I took for granted i'd get at least a month, I basically get the same break that I would have gotten if I was still in high school. Exams end December 14th, we're back in class January 7th so I get a total of 23 days which is absolute crap. University of Miami always got a month and a half. At UF fall classes end December 5th and they go back the same day.

I was hoping I could get a job for a month and save a bunch of money up but now i've got 3 weeks, plus i'd probably take 3 or 4 days off to go to whatever bowl game USF has, plan on going to a week long umpire camp so that leaves me like 13 days or roughly 2 weeks to work. Why do classes have to start so early in January? So from January 7th to May 2nd we have classes? Thats almost 5 months. Fall semester is only from late August to early December , like 3 and a half months.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

u could always transfer to Miami or Florida if u like their policy better.  ::)

either that, or drop out like a real champ!

• Content Count:  7,890

Dude is there anything you dont ***** about

I'm not gonna drop out, it's just this whole time i've just assumed i'm going to get at least a month off and haven't worried about it and now I have seen that I basically get the same break as high schoolers. Every other institution in the state has a longer break it seems.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

...Exams end December 14th, we're back in class January 7th so I get a total of 23 days which is absolute crap.

Yeah...that is a real heart breaker. Couple that with summers and holidays off...man...that'd make you suicidal.

On the other hand, once you graduate you'll get the same 23 days - spread over the course of a year, though, so it's not so traumatic having it all at once.

Enjoy your 'crap' while it lasts. :satan

Every other institution in the state has a longer break it seems.

clearly USF has a higher standard of education than those slacker diploma mills up in Gainesville and down in Coral Gables.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Out of curiosity, but where did you go to high school?  I went to HS in Pasco County and we were lucky if we got 3 weeks off, I can remember recently it's hovered around 2.5 weeks.  23 days is a gift.

Just for comparison, I go to Saint Leo University and exams end Dec. 13 and classes start back up Jan. 15.  It really just depends on how the calendar falls, sometimes you'll get a favorable break, and sometimes it's not.  Just don't assume until the official calendar is decided.  Usually universities post academic calendars for the next year about this time, check usf.edu.  I know Saint Leo has their 08-09 calendar already posted.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Probably doesn't belong here but i'm pissed USF has such a short winter break. I took for granted i'd get at least a month, I basically get the same break that I would have gotten if I was still in high school. Exams end December 14th, we're back in class January 7th so I get a total of 23 days which is absolute crap. University of Miami always got a month and a half. At UF fall classes end December 5th and they go back the same day.

I was hoping I could get a job for a month and save a bunch of money up but now i've got 3 weeks, plus i'd probably take 3 or 4 days off to go to whatever bowl game USF has, plan on going to a week long umpire camp so that leaves me like 13 days or roughly 2 weeks to work. Why do classes have to start so early in January? So from January 7th to May 2nd we have classes? Thats almost 5 months. Fall semester is only from late August to early December , like 3 and a half months.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i went to high school in Massachusetts (well, until i dropped out, anyway... GED = Good Enough Diploma).

they gave us ONE WEEK for Christmas break, and a week for "Winter Break" in mid-February... so basically 2 weeks spread out.

so be happy with what you've got, sir. it's more than i got in HS.

but i graduate this semester, so i could care less personally.  ;D

Out of curiosity, but where did you go to high school?  I went to HS in Pasco County and we were lucky if we got 3 weeks off, I can remember recently it's hovered around 2.5 weeks.  23 days is a gift.

Just for comparison, I go to Saint Leo University and exams end Dec. 13 and classes start back up Jan. 15.  It really just depends on how the calendar falls, sometimes you'll get a favorable break, and sometimes it's not.  Just don't assume until the official calendar is decided.  Usually universities post academic calendars for the next year about this time, check usf.edu.  I know Saint Leo has their 08-09 calendar already posted.

Tarpon High, technically we would only have 18 days but I always got to exempt my exams so i'd get 2 extra days of break and I would usually skip the Monday and Tuesday before the exams because the grades were usually done and stuff plus that weekend so i'd end up with 18 plus 6 extra days so actually i'd have 24 which is more than college.

Archived