• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boston College vs Va Tech........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Am I crazy or are both  of these teams extremely overrated. How in the hell was VT 8 in the first place. It must have been that convincing win over North Carolina (17-10).

I mean they only lost by 41 points to LSU so I can see how they could jump back to #8 after beating all those UNRANKED teams.

Really insane when you think about it. The human aspect of the BCS needs to be re evaluated immidiately.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Am I crazy or are both  of these teams extremely overrated. How in the hell was VT 8 in the first place. It must have been that convincing win over North Carolina (17-10).

I mean they only lost by 41 points to LSU so I can see how they could jump back to #8 after beating all those UNRANKED teams.

Really insane when you think about it. The human aspect of the BCS needs to be re evaluated immidiately.

exactly.

like i said, regardless of rankings Rutgers is as good or better than VTech.

• Content Count:  1,037

???      VT= very overrated      BC= moderately overrated  

Not sure how that stingy D gives up that many points. . .

• Content Count:  3,403

Had they lost they would have dropped pretty badly. The computer polls would have ate them alive.

Computer polls are only 1/3rd.  We managed to stay ahead of BC for a week at #2 because our computer average was a lot higher, but if you are #1 in the computer polls you are not going to drop that much (we only dropped to #5).  The human polls are 2/3rds of the BCS and we would have needed (and still do anyway) several other teams to lose ahead of us for us to pass them up.  We dropped 10 spots losing to an unranked team.  They would not have dropped as far, even if Rutgers is better than BC. 

At best several other teams (ASU, Oregon/USC, Kansas, UF, etc) would have lost and we would have passed BC up in the human polls, but we still would have needed Va Tech to lose.  Va Tech's computer polls would have gone up significantly by beating BC, and continuing to win would have kept them higher in the human polls forever.

Btw, it's the same scenario if OSU loses.  There are 5 or 6 other teams that can lose so if OSU only drops 5 spots or so, we could sneak up and still be ahead of them if PSU beats them.  It will be close most likely, so I'm glad Va Tech lost and now we can move up at least 2 spots this week to be in a better position to pass BC later.

• Content Count:  3,403

Ugh, no reason to move this thread.  It was only talked about because it concerned USF.  Oh well.

• Content Count:  32

So, if OSU falls to PSU....will BC be #1???  after that ugly win?

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Had they lost they would have dropped pretty badly. The computer polls would have ate them alive.

Computer polls are only 1/3rd.  We managed to stay ahead of BC for a week at #2 because our computer average was a lot higher, but if you are #1 in the computer polls you are not going to drop that much (we only dropped to #5).  The human polls are 2/3rds of the BCS and we would have needed (and still do anyway) several other teams to lose ahead of us for us to pass them up.  We dropped 10 spots losing to an unranked team.  They would not have dropped as far, even if Rutgers is better than BC. 

At best several other teams (ASU, Oregon/USC, Kansas, UF, etc) would have lost and we would have passed BC up in the human polls, but we still would have needed Va Tech to lose.  Va Tech's computer polls would have gone up significantly by beating BC, and continuing to win would have kept them higher in the human polls forever.

Btw, it's the same scenario if OSU loses.  There are 5 or 6 other teams that can lose so if OSU only drops 5 spots or so, we could sneak up and still be ahead of them if PSU beats them.  It will be close most likely, so I'm glad Va Tech lost and now we can move up at least 2 spots this week to be in a better position to pass BC later.

I greatly disagree.

We didn't fall far in the computer polls because we had beaten two ranked teams and including a game on the road.

BC hadn't beat anybody until last night. Their SOS would have hurt them.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

neither team is overated

Archived