• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

U of San Francisco bitter...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Monday, October 22, 2007

There is One USF and I Am Its Prophet

The University of South Florida was founded just after 10 o'clock last night, and the idea that that so-called USF might supplant in the public mind this mine own venerable University of San Francisco as the one true object that casts the shadow You Ess Eff on the walls of the world is just plain wrong.

Seniority matters. Excellent climate matters. Liberal politics matter. High Jesuit principles matter. Bill Russell matters. The success of your lousy upstart football team does not matter.

You are SoFla (SEW-flah). As far as higher education is concerned you are powder to which water must be added.

But we are the thing itself, rich in natural vitamins and minerals.

Posted by ....J.Michael Robertson at 11:12 AM 

Prophet??? Really??? I kept thinking it sounded like he was drunk/high. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  282

San Fransisco is the Boston of the West Coast.  A city full of liberal blow hard elitists.

The sad thing is this could have been a pretty funny story if done right, but he had to take it to that level. 

Well said!

• Content Count:  294

This just in: The University of Sioux Falls and the Utah Shakespearean Festival want a piece of us too. Bring it b1tches.

• Content Count:  155

If you go look up U San Fran's site... you will notice a few things worth noting...

their colors are the same as ours "used" to be before the recent makeover... and if ou go to athletics, you will see that their usf font is very similar to the old south florida fonts and colors...

you kinda have to wonder who copied who years ago? did the powers that be that did the former south florida branding, get any influence or ideas from san fran (which is a much older school and frankly one that has been touted as an "academic institution" with "limited sports", much like john allen tried to keep south florida...

basically... back in the day... did we copy them.... it seems that san fran was a model for south florida and the john allen years

• Content Count:  294

seems that san fran was a model for south florida and the john allen years

That's kinda like saying John Allen decided to model his new school after another one based simply on the fact we share the same 3 letter abbreviation to our names. There were other models.

Also, our first logo looked much different than anything that other school has or likely had in 1956.

usfpro1.jpg

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Actually, I have some great pictures from my last visit to San Fran a number of years ago where my wife and I went by the west coast USF (actually just happened by it).  Anyway, they had USF flags on light posts similar to ours on Fowler and low-and-behold their colors are green/yellow.  It was so funny I took pictures of the flags and entrance. 

As I see it, our continued success will continue to piss people off.  Whether its Jimmy Johnson, Nick Saban, The guys at ESPN who say we don't belong in the club, or some piss ant liberal past newspaper columnist from the west coast Univ San Fran....  Who cares? 

Why would some moron take the time to write negative stuff about a school he knows nothing about.  Heck pick one of our colleges within USF and it is bigger than the other USF combined...    I say, Jealousy.  Jealousy, Jealousy...

Archived