What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

By the numbers, BIG EASTvsSEC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,071
  • Days Won:  20

I got this info from the BIG EAST board about the record of the BIG EAST vs the SEC. We are 15-6 since the year 2000 if you include then BIG EAST teams. We are 9-4 as the current members of the BIG EAST since 2000. Since the new BIG EAST was formed, the BIG EAST is 6-1 against the SEC. That lone loss was UL losing to UK this season on the road in the closing minutes. If UL was the same team they were the past few years, I would have no doubt that UL would win that game going away. The BIG EAST can only win the games that they are scheduled to play, and since some SEC schools wont play schools like USF then we have to just beat up on the lower teams like Miss St. The fact that the BIG EAST WVU beat UGA in a SUGAR BOWL game just shows you that the BIG EAST is strong confernce. Enjoy telling the critics some facts anytime they want to down talke the BIG EAST. GO BULLS!!!

Going back to the old Big East using 2000 as a base (ie. games vs. USF, Cincy and UofL as indy or C-USA, games when VT, UM and BC played these guys as ACC members and games when UConn & Temple were indy or I-AA aren't counted)

Auburn is 1-2 vs. Syracuse and USF

Florida is 0-3 vs. Miami (any meetings after were as an ACC team)

Georgia is 0-2 vs. BC and WV (2001 MC Bowl, 2006 Sugar Bowl)

Kentucky is 1-2 vs. Louisville

LSU is 0-1 vs. VT

Ole Miss is 0-1 vs. WV

MSU is 0-2 vs. WV

S. Carolina is 1-0 vs. Temple

Tennessee is 3-1 vs. Miami, Syracuse & Rutgers

Vandy is 0-1 vs. Rutgers

CFBDataWarehouse.com was used to compile this but there's a chance I missed something.

• Content Count:  12,071
  • Days Won:  20

I am not saying the BIG EAST is the best conference. I am just saying that the BIG EAST does not get the respect it deserves if you look at how we compared to the SEC. I believe the BIG EAST has a lot of speed in it that can keep up with the SEC which is why you see that we have a winning record against the SEC. Sure the SEC can dominate the slow BIG TEN schools, but the SEC struggles when they are going up against speedy schools from the BIG EAST. See the WVU game against UGA. Georgia had no answer for Slaton and White during that SUGARBOWL game in Atlanta. USF's speed matched up pretty well against Auburn this year also. I watched WVU fan past Miss St like the Mountaineers were playing against a 1AA school. The BIG EAST just matches up well against the SEC which is why you probably dont see too many SEC schools lining up to chalenge the BIG EAST in bowl games or 1for1 deals. I just want to throw this out there so that many USF fans understand that they shouldnt back down when confronted about who big and bad the SEC is. Well, just tell them the facts and that should shut those big headed SEC fans up.

• Content Count:  4,493
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry facts have nothing to do with perception and perception is reality for people.

SEC is an excellant conference

BE is an excellant conference.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East is an underrated conference, but proving that point by comparing numbers with the SEC including teams that are not currently in the Big East won't help change minds.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I am not saying the BIG EAST is the best conference. I am just saying that the BIG EAST does not get the respect it deserves

You new to this board or somethin???    ;)

Archived